Do you believe UPS should be reported to OSHA for not supplying water correctly nor adequately to you and your coworkers? ( On Topic Only Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I learned it as a boy playing sports if you don’t bring something to drink you might go thirsty
Taught the same thing to my kids and they are now teaching their kids
OSHA doesn’t regulate sports leagues or parents.
My pet peeve is people that depend on other people for things you should be able to take care of yourself
You don’t think employees should depend on their employers to follow OSHA regulations?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
But they are.

Even if it is from the building they are still paying for it.
You're arguing semantics. You are trying to make it sound like UPS is required to provide drivers with bottled water by saying they have to pay for it.

When "it" only means that water has to be available. The electricity required to run that drinking fountain is negligible, and for all practical purposes can be considered to be zero.

qdg2

Why would the jug have to be large?

Buy small refillable bottles, if you're worried about the size of the bottle.

I have yet to hear of a UPS without any drinking fountain or tap water available.
With all earned respect....

I am a feeder driver....I'm gone from the building 12 hours a day.

I may or may not meet my meet guy at a place that has water.

Buy? I work for UPS...they can BUY the bottles.

The jug would be large so I won't run out!!!!!!! OMG.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Again. Buy multiple small bottles.

UPS doesn't owe you water bottles. They owe you a clean water source. As per the OSHA articles @Integrity provided.

YOU are responsible for making sure you bring along enough of that water to manage your shift.

qdg2

Is the drinking fountain potable water? If so your "sanitary" argument is invalid.

Unless you are afraid of getting cooties.
You do realize "potable" water doesn't make the dispenser sanitary......right? See? Yes, I'm afraid of getting cholera because some fool didn't wash his hands after pooping. Yes. Dysentery E. coli

oldngray

nowhere special

A large jug is a problem? Less space than a cooler with bottles.

oldngray

nowhere special
You do realize "potable" water doesn't make the dispenser sanitary......right? See? Yes, I'm afraid of getting cholera because some fool didn't wash his hands after pooping. Yes. Dysentery E. coli
no germophobe exemption. If you want more its on you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You're arguing semantics.
No. I am not. I am arguing the requirements
You are trying to make it sound like UPS is required to provide drivers with bottled water by saying they have to pay for it.
If bottled water is the means UPS decides to provide adequate, cool drinking water in sufficient supplies based work conditions and workload to the employees then yes they are required to pay for it. I never said they are required to supply bottled water. In my building that was a management decision.
When "it" only means that water has to be available. The electricity required to run that drinking fountain is negligible, and for all practical purposes can be considered to be zero.
Water from the utility is not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.