Do you donate to drive?

Thebrownblob

Why could it not happen. If ups were to be sold, goes bankrupt, doesn't have sufficient monies in its pension fund. I hope it doesn't but in today's world you never know.
You’re digging deeper lol. Doesn’t matter if UPS is sold the next company is on the hook. Yep if UPS goes kaput that would be about the only way. I don’t think that’s gonna happen

kforte36

So when it comes to the working class people believe we’re not entitled to raises we’re not entitled to any sort of retirement guarantee even though we were promised through pensions and Social Security. But when giant corporations giant banks, and Wall Street fat cats get bailed out by the government no one thinks twice about it.
The working class has a serious self image problem with there're self
I agree there's no guarantee pensions will be received. That's my point. It's a promise not a guarantee. A promise that can be broken and has been broken by other companies who had pensions but got rid of them leaving various employees in different industries without one.

kforte36

You’re digging deeper lol. Doesn’t matter if UPS is sold the next company is on the hook. Yep if UPS goes kaput that would be about the only way. I don’t think that’s gonna happen
I'm not saying it would happen. I just mean that these are possibilities which no one knows the future of ups. The company is different than it was even 10 years ago.

Thebrownblob

I'm not saying it would happen. I just mean that these are possibilities which no one knows the future of ups. The company is different than it was even 10 years ago.
Your scenario of pensions being gone basically is UPS disappearing. That’s really not a possibility at this point. And even then your pension will be worth something

Thebrownblob

I agree there's no guarantee pensions will be received. That's my point. It's a promise not a guarantee. A promise that can be broken and has been broken by other companies who had pensions but got rid of them leaving various employees in different industries without one.
Nope you miss read my statement it was that people like you believe we are not entitled to some sort of guarantee but everyone else that’s rich is, we do in fact have guarantees they’re not as good as the rich people but they are there.

kforte36

Nope you miss read my statement it was that people like you believe we are not entitled to some sort of guarantee but everyone else that’s rich is, we do in fact have guarantees they’re not as good as the rich people but they are there.
Well we aren't guaranteed anything in this world. But employees should be rewarded for working for one company for 20-30 years but unfortunately companies don't care about their employees like they once did. It sucks but it's reality.

Thebrownblob

Well we aren't guaranteed anything in this world. But employees should be rewarded for working for one company for 20-30 years but unfortunately companies don't care about their employees like they once did. It sucks but it's reality.
And you give up easy that’s why we have a union. Are you ready to fight are you ready to cower? I love a fight. Thankfully we don’t have to just except their scraps they can either give us a fair contract or they can have a long fight their choice.

kforte36

And you give up easy that’s why we have a union. Are you ready to fight are you ready to cower? I love a fight. Thankfully we don’t have to just except their scraps they can either give us a fair contract or they can have a long fight their choice.
I feel we should strike. It's the only way we would see a significant increase in pay/benefits. The company isn't going to just roll over and give us what we want because of O'Brien. If anything, they will just pay him off. Also, older drivers will be more reluctant to strike given they want their pensions and have less time to work. I'm only 30 and have a long time to work.

Thebrownblob

I feel we should strike. It's the only way we would see a significant increase in pay/benefits. The company isn't going to just roll over and give us what we want because of O'Brien. If anything, they will just pay him off. Also, older drivers will be more reluctant to strike given they want their pensions and have less time to work. I'm only 30 and have a long time to work.

Bite your tongue whippers snapper! I’ve been here 30 years and I’m ready to stand behind you or in front of you or wherever. And don’t mistake any of my conversation with you as putting you down just don’t give up and be ready I’m glad you’re preparing for the possibility of a strike that hopefully won’t be necessary. In solidarity!

35years

Gravy route
-Our pensions are negotiated, UPS can not just take them away or decide not to contribute unilaterally. Other companies who phased out pensions were not under contract or went bankrupt.
-UPS is on the hook for the pensions already earned.
-UPS Teamsters have many pension funds.
-Multi-employer pensions are not funded solely by UPS...UPS does not decide to close a pension down.
-The Teamsters will fight to keep pensions around. It is their power. UPS would have to replace all Union workers to completely get rid of all pensions. It is THE #1 non-negotiable. Death of the pension would mean death of the union.

Last edited:

kforte36

-Our pensions are negotiated, UPS can not just take them away or decide not to contribute unilaterally. Other companies who phased out pensions were not under contract or went bankrupt.
-UPS is on the hook for the pensions already earned.
-UPS Teamsters have many pension funds.
-Multi-employer pensions are not funded solely by UPS...UPS does not decide to close a pension down.
-The Teamsters will fight to keep pensions around. It is their power. UPS would have to replace all Union workers to completely get rid of all pensions. It is THE #1 non-negotiable. Death of the pension would mean death of the union.
Yesi agree they are already on the hook for those already earned. I meant for those not already earned.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Why would anyone not give? Look at the "Butch Lewis Act" which guarantees your pensions. It took about 12 years of lobbying to get it through the government but it is now in place. All that for $2 a pay. Check your local laws for the fights that also receive DRIVE dollars. My local uses money for both parties.

wilberforce15

Why would anyone not give? Look at the "Butch Lewis Act" which guarantees your pensions. It took about 12 years of lobbying to get it through the government but it is now in place. All that for $2 a pay. Check your local laws for the fights that also receive DRIVE dollars. My local uses money for both parties.
The teamsters send more American jobs away than they protect or improve.
They love illegal immigration, trade deals, you name it. They are worse than useless as long as they are handcuffed to Democrats.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
The teamsters send more American jobs away than they protect or improve.
They love illegal immigration, trade deals, you name it. They are worse than useless as long as they are handcuffed to Democrats.
That is just an uneducated mouth spew. TTP, TTIP, Korean Pact, and NAFTA just to name a few were all opposed and fought by Teamsters. The companies move overseas in many cases to do away with the Unions. Look at places like American Standard toilets that pushed everything to Mexico because their Union workers were making "too much". Look at the big 3 auto makers, same reason. It's dopes like you that buy foreign which have created the problem. Some of the Dems have been the problem but this new group of Repubs have forced a slant toward their side. Every time a State has Repub led legislature and Governor, they have forced right to work in the State which reduces worker rights and wages. I guess those States are proworker?

wilberforce15

That is just an uneducated mouth spew. TTP, TTIP, Korean Pact, and NAFTA just to name a few were all opposed and fought by Teamsters. The companies move overseas in many cases to do away with the Unions. Look at places like American Standard toilets that pushed everything to Mexico because their Union workers were making "too much". Look at the big 3 auto makers, same reason. It's dopes like you that buy foreign which have created the problem. Some of the Dems have been the problem but this new group of Repubs have forced a slant toward their side. Every time a State has Repub led legislature and Governor, they have forced right to work in the State which reduces worker rights and wages. I guess those States are proworker?
You didn't fight TTP, TTIP, or Korean Pact, or NAFTA, because they endorsed the people who made those deals happen.
Then they advocate tens of millions of people to come in and compete with union labor.

wilberforce15

A right to work state with no illegal labor is better for workers than the reverse.
Having tens of millions of illegal competition in our borders is much worse.

wilberforce15

I don’t disagree about illegals, but what illegals are driving delivery trucks for UPS and competing with our jobs?
Labor is fungible. When labor surplus is created, say, in the construction industry (which is mostly illegal) those who would be in construction get pushed into other fields, like trucking or other teamster jobs.

An artificial illegal surplus in one area has the same effect, whether they are trucking or not.