Do you enjoy your job?

• Thread starter FrigidAdCorrector
  • Start date

Rawrzxor

Well, sure. You're a supervisor. Of course you like your job.

I am adamantly averse to having people tell me what to do. Really, I think that's somewhat natural to humans, in general. Me. It destroys my soul to have to work under someone. Boss is Latin for master. Even if they're okay sups. Even if they give me space; it's still so angering and depressing to know that I am essentially controlled, coerced in to doing--even when I feel the more soul crushing despondency of bipolar. Getting permission to not go in on days when I literally feel like dying? :censored2: you, :censored2:, I work my asses ass off 8-11 hours a day sometimes with *one* ten minute break.

Can't even give me a :censored2:ing 30 minute lunch break. -.- So, obviously, I lack energy towards the end of the night, because 10 minutes is about enough to eat a banana and not much else. So, not only am I pissed off and depressed, at the end of the night I'm shaky with low blood sugar.

Do I mind the job? No. Not most of the time. So long as people leave me the :censored2: alone--especially supervisors--and let me do my job in peace. That's not to say it's not sometimes fun loading with other people.

Sometimes working up a sweat is fun. Seeing how fast I can go or how good of a wall I can build. Getting better at it as time goes by. But, ultimately, the *need* for a job is what kills me. As for this job, I do it because it has benefits and better pay than anywhere else I could get atm. It's not because I like doing it. If I had it my way, I wouldn't have any job.

In fact, actually, if I had it my way, people would invest in *me*, teaching me some skills I actually *did* enjoy. But, instead, I have to invest in *them* in order to do that. I have to work.

If it weren't for the union, I sure as hell wouldn't do it.

Anyways. -.-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I am adamantly averse to having people tell me what to do. Really, I think that's somewhat natural to humans, in general. Me. It destroys my soul to have to work under someone. Boss is Latin for master. Even if they're okay sups. Even if they give me space; it's still so angering and depressing to know that I am essentially controlled, coerced in to doing--even when I feel the more soul crushing despondency of bipolar. Getting permission to not go in on days when I literally feel like dying? :censored2: you, :censored2:, I work my asses ass off 8-11 hours a day sometimes with *one* ten minute break.

Can't even give me a :censored2:ing 30 minute lunch break. -.- So, obviously, I lack energy towards the end of the night, because 10 minutes is about enough to eat a banana and not much else. So, not only am I :censored2: off and depressed, at the end of the night I'm shaky with low blood sugar.

Do I mind the job? No. Not most of the time. So long as people leave me the :censored2: alone--especially supervisors--and let me do my job in peace. That's not to say it's not sometimes fun loading with other people.

Sometimes working up a sweat is fun. Seeing how fast I can go or how good of a wall I can build. Getting better at it as time goes by. But, ultimately, the *need* for a job is what kills me. As for this job, I do it because it has benefits and better pay than anywhere else I could get atm. It's not because I like doing it. If I had it my way, I wouldn't have any job.

In fact, actually, if I had it my way, people would invest in *me*, teaching me some skills I actually *did* enjoy. But, instead, I have to invest in *them* in order to do that. I have to work.

Anyways. -.-

The new UPSer
We are in serious trouble!!!

SCV good to go sir.

I wouldn't be here as long as I have (relatively speaking) if I didn't like this job. Yeah, it has its downsides but so does everything else including my hobbies.

I love to drive, physical work, being outside, challenges, helping people, being a part of something important, this job has it all. I like having a purpose, throwing myself at it, and committing to it. I tell people all the time that this job is calling in life and they just don't get it. I like the bond I have with my coworkers because we're all the in same :censored2:. Hell, I like greeting the competition on the road cause we're both going through the same :censored2:.

Finally, the UPS trucks say "Synchronizing the world of commerce" on them. Really think about that for a second. We're the life blood of the global economy, we make the world turn (figuratively speaking). Having said all that...

dt34mC7.png

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Can't even give me a :censored2:ing 30 minute lunch break. -.- So, obviously, I lack energy towards the end of the night, because 10 minutes is about enough to eat a banana and not much else. So, not only am I :censored2: off and depressed, at the end of the night I'm shaky with low blood sugar.

Anyways. -.-
you should read a book called "Your Money or Your Life" and it sounds like you should start your own business before you have a stroke. don't take this the wrong way. I have been told that myself.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Anyways. -.-

Just a thought here, speaking out loud, I might be able scrap up some Xanax if ya need it!

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you actually knew the crap PT Sups get from higher management you would change your view on that. Don't forget, if someone on my sort screw up I catch the flak for it.

BrownThunder

It's ok, the people I work with make it better. I personally do not like how the start/end times sway with any given day. I signed up for a 5pm-10pm schedule, and I have been asked to come in as early as 4pm and leave as late as midnight.

I also do not like the mixed messages I get. My trainer is stressing load quality and safety, while my PT Sup comes behind him basically saying forget all that, focus on my PPH. This is the same guy who frisbees packages onto the trailer, and walks all on top of boxes like they're not even there. I look at him like, wow, is this really who's supervising me right now???

I'm just going to do whatever this dude says until I pass probation. He made it sound like he's the one who will decide on whether or not I'll be kept. It could be worse, he is pretty laid back it's not like he's a jerk. The guy couldn't be a day over 20 years old.

My body aches but I am going to sick with this BS until I get my chance to drive.

1pocket73

Before I became a UPSer,I was a self employed carpenter.I find that driving a truck for UPS is tougher and more grueling than carpentry.Overall,I enjoy my job and am grateful to have such great pay and benefits.Especially in this economic climate nowadays! I deliver to a lot of warehouses like Grainger and Catepillar where people are working like dogs for minimum wage.It breaks my heart to see them struggling and know the way I have it.It just doesn't seem fair.

At the end of the day,I am grateful to God for my blessings and pray that my attitude remains sober.