Do you enjoy your job?

• Thread starter FrigidAdCorrector
  • Start date

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
1 out of 10 days on a nice sunny fair weather day with a decent dispatch, I have one of the best jobs in the world.

4 out of ten days suck donkey balls, because UPS is a publicly traded company and only cares about reports.

5 out of 10 days, I don't give a :censored2: and I get paid to exercise and listen to sports radio.
BIG WINNER ARCHER
tumblr_ncy26nH0qh1terwlso1_500.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Thanx for the killer info Rod lmfao:clown:

FYI---Perkins used to consider you a senior citizen at age 50. I know that because my wonderful wife made it a point to tell me (she really rubbed it in) that I was eligible the day I turned 50. She thought it was funny until I reminded her the day she turned 50. I believe they jacked it up to 55 now.

youllbefine

McDonalds only gives one discount to seniors and that's on coffee. A senior does much better going to Arbys, Hardees, Applebees, Wendys and most any other restaurant other than McDonalds.
Thank goodness you and grandma can split a cheese burger and fry off the dollar menu since they won't comp you on that !

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Here in Texas, seniors get a discount at Kroger every day. If you look really old or disoriented, they will carry your groceries to your car for you as well!:wink-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
Thank goodness you and grandma can split a cheese burger and fry off the dollar menu since they won't comp you on that !

I'm not into eating McDonalds green mushy meat. I'll do Wendy's for a fast food burger any day over McDonalds. At least Wendys has some flavor.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I enjoyed my job today. I reported this poor pup a few short days ago, on my lunch and breaks, today she is rescued..
12 hrs · Edited ·
Nice and warm. No more cold nights sleeping in abandoned houses. No days spent scrounging for food. Safe and she will be loved. I wish I could have gotten video of when she was sitting next to me. I wanted to bring her home with me. She will clean up so nicely

June L. Hills
Unlike ·
· Share · 5117832

A lot of us on here seem to come on and release some steam. Whether it be people getting on us for stuff or pain in the butt customers.

So it made me think, do you enjoy the job? Like actually enjoy it outside of the money. I catch crap and deal with some BS, but I do actually enjoy my job. It fits perfectly with my school schedule. The people I supervise are a good group of guys. My boss gets on me for stuff, but is fair. It's a tough company, but at the end of the day when I'm locking up I feel good, that I accomplished something.

How about you?
It's like a marriage. It's got it's good days it's got it's bad days.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
no matter how bad you think it is here it is 10 times better than 98% of other jobs/careers.

just ask around. most people would give an arm and a leg to work here.

I have found that the happiest people are the ones who help other people so think about our customers as people you are helping and that should help you.