Do you enjoy your job?

• Thread starter FrigidAdCorrector
  • Start date
F

FrigidAdCorrector

A lot of us on here seem to come on and release some steam. Whether it be people getting on us for stuff or pain in the butt customers.

So it made me think, do you enjoy the job? Like actually enjoy it outside of the money. I catch crap and deal with some BS, but I do actually enjoy my job. It fits perfectly with my school schedule. The people I supervise are a good group of guys. My boss gets on me for stuff, but is fair. It's a tough company, but at the end of the day when I'm locking up I feel good, that I accomplished something.

How about you?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I enjoyed meeting people and interacting with customers in my years as a package driver. I also liked my co-workers and hung out with them quite a bit. When I went into feeders, a lot of that went away. You usually start work by yourself, there is no am meeting, you can do your job and go home and maybe see only 1 or 2 people you know well. I enjoyed my job (I've had driving jobs my entire life) and was proud of the fact I worked for UPS. Interacting with management was my least favorite part of the job, but they have a job to do as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
I enjoyed the job itself once I left the building. The days went by fast (sometimes too fast) and we had a tight group of hourlies that for the most part kept management reigned in. I was lucky enough to have a couple of different hard core Union stewards who knew the contracts inside and out. From what I hear now though the center has went to hell. Everyone fights with everyone else , no one stops for a beer after work and they have went through a half dozen stewards who aren't much help. No unity at all --just the way management likes it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
There's days where I really don't want to come in but even on those days, once I got the truck out the door and I'm rolling down the highway to my area I definitely can say I enjoy it. I get to breathe fresh air and have an outside view all day long that's constantly changing. That and I'm always on the move, active all day and it goes by quick. Then I get to go home knowing I made bank without worrying about any politics. Even with all the days I've been here I can honestly say I can probably count on one hand the days where I really just flat out didn't want to be there.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
no one stops for a beer after work
There was about 6-8 drivers who were really close back in the 70's. The standing rule was the first one of the bunch back to the building in the PM had to go to the store and buy a case of beer. They would then come back, ice it down and set up just off UPS property. We would sometimes consume large quantities of alcoholic beverages this way. A track star could go broke back then. lol.

llamainmypocket

The things i like about my job, i love. I'm not a hater unless it happens to be an involuntarily reaction in the moment. I've always thought of myself as a little insensitive and requiring to reason things out to do good but i do feel bad when i end up blowing off steam in the moment. Maybe I'm more sensitive than i thought.

rod

Retired 22 years
There was about 6-8 drivers who were really close back in the 70's. The standing rule was the first one of the bunch back to the building in the PM had to go to the store and buy a case of beer. They would then come back, ice it down and set up just off UPS property. We would sometimes consume large quantities of alcoholic beverages this way. A track star could go broke back then. lol.

We had many an after work get together also only we just sat out behind the building in the parking lot. Like I've mentioned before management was seldom there in the pm except for maybe some pt sup who didn't give crap about anything except getting the pickups unloaded. After a few we would head to the corner bar.

542thruNthru

I enjoy my job a lot. Love being outside and not stuck in some cubicle. Love seeing new places and seeing behind the scenes how some companies work. One other thing I love is once I punch out I'm done. I know to many people that have to take their work home with them.

Also not many jobs are mon-fri.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
A lot of us on here seem to come on and release some steam. Whether it be people getting on us for stuff or pain in the butt customers.

So it made me think, do you enjoy the job? Like actually enjoy it outside of the money. I catch crap and deal with some BS, but I do actually enjoy my job. It fits perfectly with my school schedule. The people I supervise are a good group of guys. My boss gets on me for stuff, but is fair. It's a tough company, but at the end of the day when I'm locking up I feel good, that I accomplished something.

How about you?
I'm a type A personality, cannot stand other people and have no patience for ignorance but when I'm not dealing with people and just being left alone (for the most part) in my truck, I like my job.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm a type A personality, cannot stand other people and have no patience for ignorance but when I'm not dealing with people and just being left alone (for the most part) in my truck, I like my job.

I the opposite. Type B. I just say give me whatever. Either way i'm getting payed. Its the know it all suits I get to laugh at. Like you in my truck. I'm. Good

watdaflock?

Other than that Southern twanged ignorant micro manager I occasionally have to deal with when our normal center manager is on vacation, the worst part of my job is an unven flow on the belt......UPS preload is easy.

SafeYARDdog

I am missing the easy time standing by + burning several rolls in the shifter vehicle . Easiest thing ever :brokenheart:
ps: flipping burgers is not fun at all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
absolutely hate it, I just got stuck because i stayed to long. Now the money and benefits are too good to leave.
Yeah but I've never been picky about a job. When I was looking for a job and had friends and family looking for me. I told them all. You can pay me enough to do about anything.