Do you get a Vacation/option day payout if you quit UPS?

mikeny

Service Provider
Not the only one in my center. I talked to many drivers who plan on leaving soon too. One of my on-road sups just quit during peak season to work for another company, and another sup left a few months back. My manager went on vacation and just decided to quit just this past year. Seems like it's not for everyone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not the only one in my center. I talked to many drivers who plan on leaving soon too. One of my on-road sups just quit during peak season to work for another company, and another sup left a few months back. My manager went on vacation and just decided to quit just this past year. Seems like it's not for everyone.

I do wish you well in your future endeavors, even though I personally think you are making a huge mistake.

F

Frankie's Friend

I am friend/T and will be leaving the company soon. should i use my Option days from now until then, or will i get my days paid out to me once i leave?
You will get (the % of) your vacation days paid if they owe you any.
You will not get any option days paid out unless you use them prior to separating from the company.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you hate your job then yeah you should quit since you will spend a lot of you life for this company. People should somewhat enjoy what they do for a living. But at least have a solid back up job lined up before you quit so you don't screw yourself. I would weigh out the pros and cons before making a final decision because this job will get better once you hit top rate and gain more seniority.

mikeny

Service Provider
If you hate your job then yeah you should quit since you will spend a lot of you life for this company. People should somewhat enjoy what they do for a living. But at least have a solid back up job lined up before you quit so you don't screw yourself. I would weigh out the pros and cons before making a final decision because this job will get better once you hit top rate and gain more seniority.

i do have something lined up with equal and possibly greater (current) pay, and have been thinking about leaving for at least 10 months.

F

Frankie's Friend

Do what you believe is right for yourself. Dont worry about the other voices. Its your life. Working until 7-8 pm every day is not for everyone and if you have no family to support then follow your heart if you know that you will have no regrets.