Do you get a Vacation/option day payout if you quit UPS?

Heavy Package

Good luck with your new career at Wendy's! Wishing you all the best in 2018.

quit-1-.jpg

DOK

Not the only one in my center. I talked to many drivers who plan on leaving soon too. One of my on-road sups just quit during peak season to work for another company, and another sup left a few months back. My manager went on vacation and just decided to quit just this past year. Seems like it's not for everyone.

A few millennials are quitting in our center, this will be a problem for the company going forward, retaining the younger generation.

Box Ox

i do have something lined up with equal and possibly greater (current) pay, and have been thinking about leaving for at least 10 months.

quit-1-.jpg

Quitting UPS isn't an automatic ticket to a lifetime of low paid work and poverty for everybody. Good for anyone who can get out and move on to a happier and healthier life.

Box Ox

A few millennials are quitting in our center, this will be a problem for the company going forward, retaining the younger generation.

Interesting! Old timers also tell me they wouldn’t last if they were just starting their UPS careers under current conditions.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

quit-1-.jpg
Why do people insist the only alternative to UPS is a minimum wage fast food job? Lots of people have the skills or qualifications to make a much better living elsewhere, even if the earnings potential is slightly less.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why do people insist the only alternative to UPS is a minimum wage fast food job? Lots of people have the skills or qualifications to make a much better living elsewhere, even if the earnings potential is slightly less.

Your's?

iruhnman630

To answer the original question...

I don't believe vacation hours are officially earned until you have worked X number of hours in the year.

Atemoe

I agree with walking away. I did the same 4 years ago and haven't looked back since. I entered into a much better career and make better money with better benefits and retirement than I ever could have at UPS. I knew I needed more for myself and family. I do not miss the body pains or the stress. I don't miss the alley ways to park in or trying to get back at a decent time. I do miss some of the co workers and customers but that's it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Currently I could go to an insurance company, dealership, or trucking company to work as an appraiser or service writer or even a tech.

Alternatively, I've learned a lot about myself the past few years and what I probably should've done from the beginning. I've saved enough money that I can prepare myself to work in a secure, in-demand field with a very bright future and intend to take full advantage.

bbsam

Staff member
I do wish you well in your future endeavors, even though I personally think you are making a huge mistake.
I never would have left UPS.

But if I could have stayed, I'd be a miserable SOB wit my third wife by now. In fact I know several drivers around here like that.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's a stale joke, nothing more.
Kind of like when when you walk into a business, covered in snow, and they say "is it cold enough for you".

I choose to believe this, rather than consider it an effort to be a complete dick.