Do you guys scan your pickups?

Knothead

Yep.
I don't scan them at all. We were told that all the packages get scanned in the building anyway after they are unloaded.

And you are probably right, we probably aren't getting the proper time allowance for picking up these packages, but over allowed means way more to my supervisor than it does to me. I truly couldn't care less about their arbitrary numbers and made up rules.

ManInBrown

High Values over 5K. Only pickup pieces I scan. I enter NDA's in Rec A spot and total picked up. Thats it. And if they have an end of day I will scan that as well.

We were specifically instructed not to scan any pickup pieces late last year. Fine with me.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I will scan everything. If they have an end of day plus ars, then I scan the EOD and whatever ARS' are there. That way customers have complete tracking info the second I hit it

Overpaid Union Thug

We were told not to scan individual pickups and end of days sometime last year and this week it has bit one of my customers in the ass.

An irreg NDA that I remember picking up and unloading just disappeared into thin air and naturally big UPS is telling them *we* never had it.

Naturally I'm the a*hole.
That's exactly why. So the originating building can deny, deny, deny.

Sent using BrownCafe App

S

selfcancelsignal

I don't scan them at all. We were told that all the packages get scanned in the building anyway after they are unloaded.

And you are probably right, we probably aren't getting the proper time allowance for picking up these packages, but over allowed means way more to my supervisor than it does to me. I truly couldn't care less about their arbitrary numbers and made up rules.
I've asked this before, but still don't understand. If your 1st paragraph is true, why is there still such a thing as a blank PAL label?

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I checked my copy of the methods and the only applicable part in the pickup section is "complete the pickup...with the least amount of effort and time" and "scan the pickup summary barcode." It doesn't say anything about scanning individual packages one way or another.

I was trained to just scan the EoD at scheduled pickups and to enter the number of packages. If no EoD, no scan unless the consignee is adamant and there are only a handful of packages. The whole scan all NDAs, don't include ARS, etc that I'm seeing here hasn't been trained ever here and is not in the methods.

I did find something interesting in the pickups section of the methods though:
"Encourage customer help in moving Over-70 pound packages."

Z

ZQXC

Left on the car by the driver. Then they miss the air trailer.

But Dave gets back to the bldg. at 1800. They can't empty that truck in 3 hours. The whole idea of having drivers pull the air pieces is so they will have someone to hang when the reload misses one. For years we would return to the center, park the truck, grab our paperwork, and walk away from it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But Dave gets back to the bldg. at 1800. They can't empty that truck in 3 hours. The whole idea of having drivers pull the air pieces is so they will have someone to hang when the reload misses one. For years we would return to the center, park the truck, grab our paperwork, and walk away from it.

It takes 5-10 minutes to unload my pkg car.

kingOFchester

Scanning all packages to up your time allowance seems silly. Most of us agree the time allowances on everything are to little. The time gained by scanning all packages would most likely be less then the time it took to scan all packages. They probably give a time allowance of .oooooooooooooooooooooo1 second per scan of pickup package if anything. Work as instructed.

A new training modular will be coming out in a month or so that will explain what they want us to scan.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Why would they ever tell you NOT to scan the end of day. I always scan the end of day, all airs and all ARS if you don't you don't get credit for the work.

oldngray

nowhere special
Why would they ever tell you NOT to scan the end of day. I always scan the end of day, all airs and all ARS if you don't you don't get credit for the work.

You don't wait for end of day if the customer can't print it. You just pick up the packages and enter the total in your piece count.

S

selfcancelsignal

The blank PAL means the address is not in the system.
How can it not be in the system when it's an account that gets big bulk pkgs. every day? The other thing that's quite annoying about PALs is when the PAL has one address & it's the address in your DIAD, but the real label, the one you're supposed to deliver to, is different. Hard to detect when scanning a bulk stop then you end up backtracking. Yay!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can it not be in the system when it's an account that gets big bulk pkgs. every day? The other thing that's quite annoying about PALs is when the PAL has one address & it's the address in your DIAD, but the real label, the one you're supposed to deliver to, is different. Hard to detect when scanning a bulk stop then you end up backtracking. Yay!

Let me guess---you deliver to a mall.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At my center if you got back at 1800 you would have about 30 minutes before the air trailer pulled.

It's not that hard. Pull your air pieces and have nothing to worry about. It always amazes me how a driver could get in trouble for this. Pull your air and clerk work its that simple.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
You don't wait for end of day if the customer can't print it. You just pick up the packages and enter the total in your piece count.

Well yeah, but how often cant the customer print an end of day. In my 20 plus years I only remember not having an end of day problem a few times.