Do you guys scan your pickups?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wrong. The training says not to scan ARS packages at pickup locations, just add to total pieces.

I don't honestly care what the training says. It takes me 1 second to scan an additional ARS package, so why not? I remember a story of where a customer had dropped off 2 Iphones @ a UPS store and the driver didn't scan them, and they were never heard from after that. So I will cover my butt if I am in a similar situation.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was trained to scan end of days instead of all packages and to scan return service packages in special counts. There is no need to scan each and every package when there is an end of day. When picking up at a UPS Store I ask them for the amount of "drop offs" and add it to the number on the end of day instead of trying to tediously pick out each and every ARS/RS drop off to scan them under special counts. The UPS Stores (at least in my area) keep track of the drop offs and can pull it up on their computer when asked.

Only bonus babies seem to think its necessary to scan each and every package at a pickup when it's not even necessary. Thats what an end of day is for. Pickups that don't have end of days.....thats another story.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You don't wait for end of day if the customer can't print it. You just pick up the packages and enter the total in your piece count.
Well yeah, but how often cant the customer print an end of day. In my 20 plus years I only remember not having an end of day problem a few times.

Or you can just run the EOD yourself?!?!? About half my customers don't have their EOD printed when I get there so I walk up to the computer with Worldship open and hit F11 and then ENTER. 3 second later a label prints out. Easy peasy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or you can just run the EOD yourself?!?!? About half my customers don't have their EOD printed when I get there so I walk up to the computer with Worldship open and hit F11 and then ENTER. 3 second later a label prints out. Easy peasy.

I have lost count of how many times I have done this.

I also will tell customers who are still processing packages after I have finished loading all of their pickup pieces and don't need me to wait not to close it out until they are done and I would sign their EOD the next day.

S

selfcancelsignal

So some you don't have to unload your NDAs and internationals?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Must be nice... Though it's not that big a deal. If I have a lot of send agains, that's a bit more pissful.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

S

selfcancelsignal

Let me guess---you deliver to a mall.
Nope. Haven't done our areas mall route yet, just something that'll happen on random areas I cover, & don't understand it one bit.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have lost count of how many times I have done this.

I also will tell customers who are still processing packages after I have finished loading all of their pickup pieces and don't need me to wait not to close it out until they are done and I would sign their EOD the next day.

Lol. Whatever you need to do to get home by 5. Printing people's EOD's and being too impatient to wait for them to finish.

ArcherUTR

I do not believe that scanning pick up packages increases your time allowance, only the The number of picked up pieces entered into the count.

Rainman

Its all good.
We were instructed not to scan any packages at a regular pickup, only the EOD. I scan ARS picked up other than at regular pickups, and OCA pickup pieces. We do get a time allowance for scanning packages, IE is cutting out the allowance by reducing bonus, and reducing the paid day by eliminating the scans, saying they are duplicating effort made by inside people.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Future

Victory Ride
If customer does not have a end of day printed and computer and shipper no place to be found.....I just scan pick up pieces and move on......doesn't happen a lot....just at one small machine shop I go to....no idea where there computer is....and when I get there it's a ghost town.....never been a problem

aiian

I've been burnt by scanning EOD one too many times.

Won't do that again.

-

FWIW the missing air was delivered threes days later and the delivery scan was it's only scan.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Scan their end of day barcode and put it in your board with the numbers they have on their end of day. If they don't have an end of day I will scan every package, whether its 1 or 100 that way im not jipping myself of numbers and they are accounted for to cover your ass if any packages go missing. ARS packages have been explained to be put in board under special accounts.