Do you think OT will ever come back?

JL 0513

Here’s what I’m wondering. How are they handling routes going out with less than 8? Are they automatically paying the guarantee or are they telling you that you have to message the center and ask them what they want you to do?

In my center, all DIAD's are defaulted at work code 05 (pay actual). You have to manually change it to 06 for the pay guarantee.

I've been coming in under 8 a lot lately. I ask if there's any work and if not I change it to 06.

Anyone know if there's language in the contract about whether you must ask if there's work to get the guarantee or is there no requirement to ask before punching out and utilizing the guarantee? I've had situations where I didn't ask and still coded 06 with no questions asked the next day. But for arguments sake, are you supposed to ask?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In my center, all DIAD's are defaulted at work code 05 (pay actual). You have to manually change it to 06 for the pay guarantee.

I've been coming in under 8 a lot lately. I ask if there's any work and if not I change it to 06.

Anyone know if there's language in the contract about whether you must ask if there's work to get the guarantee or is there no requirement to ask before punching out and utilizing the guarantee? I've had situations where I didn't ask and still coded 06 with no questions asked the next day. But for arguments sake, are you supposed to ask?
What?!?!?! You need to give permission for them to code 05 not the other way around. Where’s your steward? I’m not implying that you’re lying but that’s just about one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read.

You are GUARANTEED 8 HOURS a day. If they ask and you say yes then and only then can they pay you code 05 (hours worked).

JL 0513

What?!?!?! You need to give permission for them to code 05 not the other way around. Where’s your steward? I’m not implying that you’re lying but that’s just about one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read.

You are GUARANTEED 8 HOURS a day. If they ask and you say yes then and only then can they pay you code 05 (hours worked).

Yeah, I've mentioned this before on BC. It's always been like that in my center.
I've used just about every DIAD. They're all defaulted 05. Even my steward's DIAD - I cover his route.

We all know we're guaranteed 8. Until now, it's never been an issue since you always got well over 8 hr days. Now, we're getting less than 8 and so I'm making sure to change it to 06 daily.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Are you a bonus center?

If so code 05(hours worked) disqualifies you from getting bonus pay for the day.

You say you change it daily but I ask you, how often have you forgot to put things in your board? A break here, a pcm there, it happens. I’d be livid if I missed out on anything cause my board wasn’t automatically set at code 06.

JL 0513

Are you a bonus center?

If so code 05(hours worked) disqualifies you from getting bonus pay for the day.

You say you change it daily but I ask you, how often have you forgot to put things in your board? A break here, a pcm there, it happens. I’d be livid if I missed out on anything cause my board wasn’t automatically set at code 06.

No, not a bonus center. Like I said, it's a new thing to even have to think about the guarantee since you would always be over 8. It's just now that I'm making sure to change it when I know I'm finishing under. Yes, I know it shouldn't be 05 by default but it is.

I feel like I need to bring this to the attention of my steward. It weird, I'm in a high seniority center (numerous over 30 year drivers) and no one has brought this up about pay codes. Now's the time if we're not going to be getting hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This depends on where you are.

Here we have to ask for 8 or it's considered a pay actual. BA agrees so not much we can do.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here we have to ask for 8 or it's considered a pay actual. BA agrees so not much we can do.

That's not what the contract says, in the Central Region.

"Each full-time employee put to work shall have a daily guarantee of eight (8) hours of work. Any full-time employee reporting to work and not put to work shall receive six (6) hours’ guarantee. The guarantee may be broken by request of the employee using the appropriate company code."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

You need to file a grievance.

-Bug-

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Just tell them you want the OT, I don’t know what is so hard about that. They’ll load you up, no problem.

not true here. we got the OMS's figuring out start times and which drivers make coffee and whether they need to be done by 7:10 or 7:25 for a 8:55 start before they ask them to cover a pickup or a letterbox. NOBODY OVER 9.5! the center manager bellowed as he left

What'dyabringmetoday???

That's not what the contract says, in the Central Region.

"Each full-time employee put to work shall have a daily guarantee of eight (8) hours of work. Any full-time employee reporting to work and not put to work shall receive six (6) hours’ guarantee. The guarantee may be broken by request of the employee using the appropriate company code."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

You need to file a grievance.

-Bug-
And all of the "BA's" stand up for....the employees? Well- the non-UPS employees anyway. Bug- please don't pretend that the company is not allowed to do as they please in MANY locations. Maybe not where you are but you know the real story...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And all of the "BA's" stand up for....the employees? Well- the non-UPS employees anyway.

I'm not sure what that means.

Bug- please don't pretend that the company is not allowed to do as they please in MANY locations.

What locations ?

If you are a non-paying dues member.... You get what you deserve.

but you know the real story...

Can you explain the "real story" ?

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm not sure what that means.

What locations ?

If you are a non-paying dues member.... You get what you deserve.

Can you explain the "real story" ?
You know exactly what I am saying. As soon as a UPSer speaks up at a monthly meeting they are told that nobody else wants to hear them "whining". (Of course you never mention things like that here).

Are you going to pretend that the company is not allowed to do as they please in return for pension payments (to failing funds)?

So that is part of the story. I have said before that if you actually stand up as you say you do, then great. Bug please don't pretend that is what is going on in most locals. If you haven't noticed from the recent contract "vote", many people are very upset. Don't take it personally- I know that one is hard for you...

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Can you break that down? Maybe you are planning on a much larger raise than everyone else?

Currently in progression. Meaning I’ll be getting a $4 raise. About $40 a day all the way back to August 1st. It’s over $2k right now so depending on when these supplements pass could be a lot more. Like I said. Need this money now!