Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

km3

You have to wait for the details before you can truly judge this contract. Once all the details come out, if you are a reasonable person, I think you will understand. Once this happens I will be more than willing to help you read between the lines. Until then, hand on and keep the faith.

Just tell me three things:
1) There aren't any non-consecutive days off, are there? This was, and remains, the one thing that absolutely, positively guarantees that I vote no.
2) How badly are current part-timers going to get screwed? What makes up for the fact that we allegedly won't be getting a catch-up raise? There are various threads here attempting to explore and explain the little information we have been given, and nobody's happy about it.
3) For those of us making more than we contractually should be (I work in a building that bumped everybody up to $15.00/hr), what will happen? I am in my 3rd year of PT progression, and I work on the sort aisle. If my memory is correct, contractually that would put me right at $13.00/hr, the same as the new starting rate. Will I be knocked back down once the new contract goes into effect?

#1 is an automatic no vote. Having a steady, mostly unchanging schedule is the entire reason I quit my last job and came to UPS while I attend school.

#2 and #3 could be a no vote depending on how bad the details are, or I could just stop being a good worker and adopt an "eye for an eye" attitude...towards the union and the company.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I once set a dumpster on fire. Complete accident. But I was really high and really stoned. The faces of the onlookers as my gang inconspicuously fled the scene was priceless. The flames were all blue and green. Must of been a lot of hairspray and containers of half used brake fluid in there. Bastards.
Real gang members don’t run, they grab weaker ones and throw them in.

Tony Q

Just tell me three things:
1) There aren't any non-consecutive days off, are there? This was, and remains, the one thing that absolutely, positively guarantees that I vote no.
2) How badly are current part-timers going to get screwed? What makes up for the fact that we allegedly won't be getting a catch-up raise? There are various threads here attempting to explore and explain the little information we have been given, and nobody's happy about it.
3) For those of us making more than we contractually should be (I work in a building that bumped everybody up to $15.00/hr), what will happen? I am in my 3rd year of PT progression, and I work on the sort aisle. If my memory is correct, contractually that would put me right at $13.00/hr, the same as the new starting rate. Will I be knocked back down once the new contract goes into effect?

#1 is an automatic no vote. Having a steady, mostly unchanging schedule is the entire reason I quit my last job and came to UPS while I attend school.

#2 and #3 could be a no vote depending on how bad the details are, or I could just stop being a good worker and adopt an "eye for an eye" attitude...towards the union and the company.
1. no
2. in my opinion there will be more opportunities for the part-time brothers and sisters.
3. If you are at 13 an hour now, you will get your raise that is in the first year of the contract as of August 1st.

As far as your other thoughts go. That will all be your call. Good luck on your career at UPS.

And the new kids will be making just $9 less

86BEB616-61B7-4B46-B45D-D37E2A127BD5.jpeg