Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Q

Let me ask it another way. Will new future regular driving jobs be created along with these new hybrid jobs?
There are a certain number of package car driving jobs all over the four regions that have been counted. These jobs have to be maintained. The best part is that you can take part in this by holding both the union and the company accountable.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I think it will pass bc it give more part timers chances to go and drive and make a lot more then what they do. Plus i don’t know about everyone’s hub but the new hires we have are some of the most uninformed workers we have. Don’t think they even know what a union is or how it works.. you tell them you will make more money just vote yes and 98% of them will do it.

Tony Q

@Tony Q this contract is garbage.

They want to eventually eliminate drivers making 80 to 100k.
Give it some time. When the details come out, make an educated decision. If you are basing your ideas off of a garbage UPS Rising web site or what you are reading on various forms of social media on the internet you aren't getting the whole story. Investigate, before you make a judgement.

Pullman Brown

There are a certain number of package car driving jobs all over the four regions that have been counted. These jobs have to be maintained. The best part is that you can take part in this by holding both the union and the company accountable.

I understand that the current full-time jobs are protected. I'm asking a real simple question! Will new FUTURE regular driving jobs be created (non-hybrid driving jobs)? If not then what the company/union has done has frozen all current regular driving jobs around the country so that no more full-time driving jobs will be created! Do you understand what I am asking?

Tony Q

I understand that the current full-time jobs are protected. I'm asking a real simple question! Will new FUTURE regular driving jobs be created (non-hybrid driving jobs)? If not then what the company/union has done has frozen all current regular driving jobs around the country so that no more full-time driving jobs will be created! Do you understand what I am asking?
So how many drivers do you have on your current seniority list?

km3

3. If you are at 13 an hour now, you will get your raise that is in the first year of the contract as of August 1st

I am at $13.00 now contractually. I'm actually at $15.00 because they raised everyone's wages here, so that doesn't answer my question.

Pullman Brown

Then the company has to always maintain 80 in this particular hypothetical center. No question asked on this number, its locked in.

I know that. If a area is growing and the Union has put in language limiting the number of hybrid drivers and like @TearsInRain said their not going to be productive meaning they won't be able to do much you will have to create more full- time driving jobs but you're lack of answering that new ones will be created makes me conclude their they won't be new ones created. So, we know the company is going to get the packages delivered someway- somehow and the logical conclusion is that they will use cheaper labor!

Tony Q

I am at $13.00 now contractually. I'm actually at $15.00 because they raised everyone's wages here, so that doesn't answer my question.
Well if its anything like most place in the country, UPS won't give you a raise till you reach the wages in the collective bargaining agreement. These wages are negotiated at minimums.

Blackstream

2. in my opinion there will be more opportunities for the part-time brothers and sisters.

What about the part timers that don't want to go full time? Is the majority of what makes this good for PTers the FT opportunities that are being created, or is there stuff that stands on its own for the PTers? Also, are there opportunities for PTers who want to go FT inside but want nothing to do with driving?

km3

Well if its anything like most place in the country, UPS won't give you a raise till you reach the wages in the collective bargaining agreement. These wages are negotiated at minimums.

That's pretty bad, imo.

I'm not impressed with anything I've seen so far. I'm leaning towards a no vote, but I'll wait and see what it is.

Tony Q

I know that. If a area is growing and the Union has put in language limiting the number of hybrid drivers and like @TearsInRain said their not going to be productive meaning they won't be able to do much you will have to create more full- time driving jobs but you're lack of answering that new ones will be created makes me conclude their they won't be new ones created. So, we know the company is going to get the packages delivered someway- somehow and the logical conclusion is that they will use cheaper labor!
You can ask as many questions as you want. I won't answer past a certain point. If you want my advice, wait till you get the whole contract in front of you. This is when you can make the best decision.

Tony Q

What about the part timers that don't want to go full time? Is the majority of what makes this good for PTers the FT opportunities that are being created, or is there stuff that stands on its own for the PTers? Also, are there opportunities for PTers who want to go FT inside but want nothing to do with driving?
There are over 23,000 22.3 jobs to go full time with. There will be a lot of new Feeder opportunities as well. Will they create more 22.3 jobs, I cant say. In my opinion if you want full time bad enough you will do what you can to get in. I started a long time ago when there were only a few 22.2 jobs and the rest were driver positions. So I am old school. I guess I don't understand the plight of someone wanting t only work inside but demanding a full-time job. Respectfully.

Pullman Brown

You can ask as many questions as you want. I won't answer past a certain point. If you want my advice, wait till you get the whole contract in front of you. This is when you can make the best decision.

I know but if the Union thinks that freezing current regular driving jobs and not creating new ones based on some faulty logic that new hybrid jobs are creating new jobs for part-timers is not a win for current and future teamsters. It should be a both and not a either or! I hope to God this isn't the case! The Union and company can create the narrative however they won't but at the end of the day don't be surprised when it is voted down!