DOC: JOE BIDEN IS NOT BRAIN DAMAGED

Box Ox

joe biden is hiding from interviews, and msdnc is not covering his mental problems like they used to.

MSDNC knows that Biden is the Democrats' best hope for winning vital swing states and not destroying down ticket Democrats in November.

Box Ox

no hes not. its like chris matthews said, maybe well try again in 4 years.

He absolutely is. He's polling far, far ahead of Bernie (by double digits) in swing states the Democrats must win in November if they want to win the Presidency. Bernie would have zero chance of winning those states. Bernie is the Jeremy Corbyn of the US.

You are out of your gosh darn mind if you think Bernie would win more states in 2020 than Hillary did in 2016.

rickyb

He absolutely is. He's polling far, far ahead of Bernie (by double digits) in swing states the Democrats must win in November if they want to win the Presidency. Bernie would have zero chance of winning those states. Bernie is the Jeremy Corbyn of the US.

You are out of your gosh darn mind if you think Bernie would win more states in 2020 than Hillary did in 2016.
bernie beats trump in polls more than biden does (if biden does at all)

but you might be right about him being corbyn, because greenwald tweeted a NY times article which said the russian hysteria has caused america to go to the right, or something like that.

its funny UK didnt elect corbyn, im not sure why, hes so honest. its a rigged system, they have a bad voting system, and im pretty sure UK invented the tabloid paper.

Box Ox

bernie beats trump in polls more than biden does (if biden does at all)

Just not true.

Majority prefer Biden for Democratic nomination over Sanders, poll says

"WASHINGTON – Former Vice President Joe Biden is the favored Democratic presidential nominee by a 19-point margin over Sen. Bernie Sanders, according to a new national poll by Quinnipiac University released Monday.

Asked who they would prefer to see win the nomination, 54% of Democratic voters and independents who lean Democratic chose Biden, while 35% said they favored Sanders. Another 2% preferred Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, the only other Democratic candidate remaining in the race.

Biden was also viewed more favorably by Democratic and Democratic-leaning poll respondents than Sanders. Seventy-seven percent of respondents said they have a favorable opinion of the former vice president, and 13% had an unfavorable view. For Sanders, 71% said their view of the senator was favorable, and 17% view him unfavorably.

Tuesday primaries:Who is strong in Michigan, and other things to watch for

Democratic and Democratic-leaning poll respondents said Biden was more electable than Sanders against President Donald Trump. Eighty percent said it is either very or somewhat likely that Biden would win in the general election against Trump, while 61% said the same for Sanders."

Box Ox

Seriously though, do you think Biden is capable of doing the job? This is the most powerful position in the world and he acts at times as if he's starting to suffer from dementia.

No. But he's still the Democrats' best hope to win in November. With any luck he'd make a good VP pick who I like better than Trump that could rally his cabinet to 25th Amendment him if they needed to. But I think he would step down voluntarily.

Biden would be a non-vote for me in November if his VP pick is a hard leftist.

There's a chance that Trump could choose to swap out Mike Pence for Nikki Haley for the 2020 election after Biden makes his VP pick. That might change the equation for me too. Especially if the Democratic VP pick is a hard leftist.

oldngray

nowhere special
No. But he's still the Democrats' best hope to win in November. With any luck he'd make a good VP pick who I like better than Trump that could rally his cabinet to 25th Amendment him if they needed to. But I think he would step down voluntarily.

There's a chance that Trump could choose to swap out Mike Pence for Nikki Haley for the 2020 election after Biden makes his VP pick. That might change the equation for me too. Especially if the Democratic VP pick is a hard leftist.
It is starting to sound like he will pick Klobuchar. A safe pick that will satisfy all but the hardest leftists.

Box Ox

It is starting to sound like he will pick Klobuchar. A safe pick that will satisfy all but the hardest leftists.

I don't really like her and don't think she'd make a good President if Biden were to step down soon after his inauguration. She apparently isn't good to her staffers (very high turnover rate), has anger issues, etc. But Hillary would be President right now if she had won the northern swing states Klobuchar might be able to help tip in Biden's favor. I would vote for the Biden/Klobuchar ticket but would probably feel like I did after voting for Hillary in 2016: in need of a drink or ten.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't really like her and don't think she'd make a good President if Biden were to step down soon after his inauguration. She apparently isn't good to her staffers (very high turnover rate), has anger issues, etc. But Hillary would be President right now if she had won the northern swing states Klobuchar might be able to help tip in Biden's favor. I would vote for the Biden/Klobuchar ticket but would probably feel like I did after voting for Hillary in 2016: in need of a drink or ten.

She is someone not many like but not really hated either. She will get the checkmark for being a woman and liberal enough but doesn't have as much baggage as most of the other choices. I don't like her either but politics is usually picking the candidate you dislike least. She would help Biden a bit and wouldn't hurt his chances much.

It will be fine

She is someone not many like but not really hated either. She will get the checkmark for being a woman and liberal enough but doesn't have as much baggage as most of the other choices. I don't like her either but politics is usually picking the candidate you dislike least. She would help Biden a bit and wouldn't hurt his chances much.
She’s a former prosecutor. No one likes prosecutors.

Box Ox

She’s a former prosecutor. No one likes prosecutors.

Good point. The hard leftists were whining about Kamala being some kind of racist cop collaborator (cops are racist by default to hard leftists) when she was still in. African Americans probably aren't big fans either due to perceived injustices behind the disproportionate imprisonment of black men.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good news!

The Biden staff has cut Joe's speech's down to just 7 minutes! This way, he is less likely to stammer or stumble for words.

Joe is sharp and ready to go!

vantexan

If Trump does that I'll stay home. I like Haley but there's such a thing as loyalty. Some of Trump's firings looked well deserved, but some also looked like a whim. If he dumps Pence as a strategy to win I for one couldn't support him.

Box Ox

If Trump does that I'll stay home. I like Haley but there's such a thing as loyalty. Some of Trump's firings looked well deserved, but some also looked like a whim. If he dumps Pence as a strategy to win I for one couldn't support him.

Even if Pence says he wanted out to go back to Indiana to spend more time with "Mother" and Jesus?

oldngray

nowhere special
There is no upside for Trump to drop Pence. In the unlikely even of Pence choosing to bow out on his own then Haley would be one of the best replacement options.