Does anyone have a copy of the Pre Trip sheet?

rod

Retired 22 years
Take me about 3 minutes, now. The fun begins when something is wrong with the car.

Damn-- you are quick. It used to take me 5 to 10 minutes to do my pre-trip. This involved walking the length of the building to get a quart or two of oil to add and then walking the oil container back. It used to drive them nuts when they rode with me when I did that.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Damn-- you are quick. It used to take me 5 to 10 minutes to do my pre-trip. This involved walking the length of the building to get a quart or two of oil to add and then walking the oil container back. It used to drive them nuts when the rode with me when I did that.
I can usually find something wrong with the truck. That’s why the hate me doing it. I don’t write it up when I get back, it goes to the mechanics.

IESucks

Hi everyone,

I attended NSPT several months ago, and am finally getting my chance to drive. However, I haven’t completed a Pre-Trip since I finished school. While I remember the basics, I am a bit concerned about missing something small. If anyone could furnish a copy of the pre trip checklist (I’m in Florida, if that matters) I would be beyond grateful! Thanks so much.
Don't worry, management will tell you when you should have reported something from registration expiration to tires to fluids. It will be your fault

DoPushUPS

Attachments

• Uploaded via Android app.jpg
    Uploaded via Android app.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 142

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not taking out anything that isn’t safe, one headlight doesn’t sound safe to me.
Just a wild guess but driving a commercial vehicle with only one headlight violates DOT?

Remember the DOT? You know, the people that we think we are bigger and better than?

We actually are required to run our headlights all day long; however, if I noticed a light out during the pretrip I would go dark during the day, write it up and have the shop fix it that night. No way I am swapping the load at start time.

trickpony1

No one said swap the load.
Go to the shop and get it fixed.

What ever happened to a thing known as a "post trip"?

Oh wait...I gotta keep my PM time down.