Does driving Saturday Air count towards your 30 days? (qualifying)

Tomtom

Ok, so, started driving as an RTD in august, got a few days there,and then got FT bid in October. Started driving again in late November til present. Worked every Saturday since November.

By The Book

I was a preloader, been with the company for years.
Ok, so you basically went out with a supervisor in August, maybe when they were short handed. Still part time then went back to preload. In October you bid a new driver list and started your 30 day packet in November? Since you're doing Saturday work this whole time I don't think you are in the qualifying period. These days driving are like utility driving in my area. Are you being paid top driver rate or like $18.75.

By The Book

More than 18.75
I know Saturday top rate is around $26.74, so your probably getting that for your Saturday work. Your preload rate is probably around $16.50, and if your making $34.00 or so your at top driver rate. I bet that your paycheck has many payrates with the overtime categories.

opey

if you are a FT ground driver, then as far as i know saturday does count as a day. ive always been told that if you do any work, it counts as a day worked. this of course does not apply during the free period

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Does driving air on saturdays count towards your 30 days? (qualifying) Nobody can seem to answer my question at work. Also, if you received a full-time bid, started working and they have you working inside/helper because there are no routes, does this count?
It does not but it is a great way to learn at a slower pace. You can gain a greater amount of area knowledge which will help when you become a cover driver down the road

Tomtom

if you are a FT ground driver, then as far as i know saturday does count as a day. ive always been told that if you do any work, it counts as a day worked. this of course does not apply during the free period
I'm in the Atlantic area, but having trouble with the contract language. Not sure if I'm in the free period or not, since I am transferring from a part-time seniority position. Thanks everyone for your help BTW!

opey

yes you would still be in the free period as far as i know. you still have to earn your days as a driver again

opey

yes, as long as you had already transferred officially to the FT driving position at that point. free period starts oct 15, so anything before that will carry over to after the period ends, so long as you arent laid off and called back at a later date

By The Book

So would days I drove in august count?
If your contract language says it does, it does. I don't think so since you were a part time employee at that time. Remember the first day you drove after you were awarded the bid is the day used to determine the free period, if that makes sense. I think you said this day was in late November.