Does this mean I get my $17 retro check?

No_Member_Name

Is retro pay paid out with interest?? I mean, they are making money with our money and i highly doubt that the money they owe us isn’t in some kind of interest account

For those of us in progression it is going to be a substantial amount. While I agree I'm in no hurry for mine it will be nice to finally get the raise in general. I have calculated all of my hours and assuming they don't try to screw us out of our hard earned money mine is over 6000 dollars before taxes. This is being used to pay off some of our debt which will save us a few hundred a month. So to my wife and I it is a big deal.

542thruNthru

For those of us in progression it is going to be a substantial amount. While I agree I'm in no hurry for mine it will be nice to finally get the raise in general. I have calculated all of my hours and assuming they don't try to screw us out of our hard earned money mine is over 6000 dollars before taxes. This is being used to pay off some of our debt which will save us a few hundred a month. So to my wife and I it is a big deal.

6k pays off some of your debt! Not half or 2/3?

Damn man, someone needs to take away your credit cards. ;)

suff0cati0n

Under Paid Slave
I'm not sure if I did my calculations correctly. Do you know if they take OT hours into consideration as well or is it just straight hours?

Needabiggerhammer

PE mechanic in progression here getting about $7 an hour, then 8-9 after may and in August, top pay next May. But you don't really see me bitching about it, I'm being paid what I was told I'd be paid when I signed on, and I signed on knowing that before last summer and the talk of mechanic progression changing at all. Was going to be at the same rate for 4 years.

Hearing people cry about a backpay check for 2 or 3 grand before taxes is pathetic. Especially when you're getting what you signed on for and any increase of the timetable on your raises is a bonus. The entitlement of people blows my mind.

Those last two sentences are directed at all you other mechanics out here bitching and moaning about what you think you're entitled to out of this contract where you're an afterthought and a minuscule portion of it.

542thruNthru

Was you ever young once?

Yes, but I had 2 PT jobs and was brought up knowing credit cards don't mean free money.

I'm not saying I never had debt but the most I ever had was a little under 10k. That was because of the recession.

I'm just giving the guy a hard time. I understand things happen and don't know his story. For all I know it's medical bills or something before he worked at UPS.

Yes, but I had 2 PT jobs and was brought up knowing credit cards don't mean free money.

I'm not saying I never had debt but the most I ever had was a little under 10k. That was because of the recession.

I'm just giving the guy a hard time. I understand things happen and don't know his story. For all I know it's medical bills or something before he worked at UPS.
I was just busting your chops.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
PE mechanic in progression here getting about $7 an hour, then 8-9 after may and in August, top pay next May. But you don't really see me bitching about it, I'm being paid what I was told I'd be paid when I signed on, and I signed on knowing that before last summer and the talk of mechanic progression changing at all. Was going to be at the same rate for 4 years.

Hearing people cry about a backpay check for 2 or 3 grand before taxes is pathetic. Especially when you're getting what you signed on for and any increase of the timetable on your raises is a bonus. The entitlement of people blows my mind.

Those last two sentences are directed at all you other mechanics out here bitching and moaning about what you think you're entitled to out of this contract where you're an afterthought and a minuscule portion of it.
Seems like you bitching too.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun

Are you including car/house in your debt? Asking for a friend

Yeah well I know your momma real well. She's a liar but damn she could.... Well let's just say she had a health appetite. ;)
tenor (19).gif