Does this mean I get my $17 retro check?

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I only get $75 a week, who do I sue? Oddly enough you can show up late and still get it. Guys in my hub who've shown late still get it at the end of the week.

They can't keep people here, only 1 in 15 or so stick around for more than 3 months. Just lost 2 last week.
Wait wait wait. Who gets a bonus for being on time???

No_Member_Name

[QUOTE="Package Stick, post: 4025744, member: 76634"
They can't keep people here, only 1 in 15 or so stick around for more than 3 months. Just lost 2 last week.[/QUOTE]

After this retro pay gets paid, a lot of people are going to quit. Everyone is just waiting on it

BiggieBrown

That is what it is out here too. $10.60 starting rate for central region. Buuuutttt they get a $200 a week bonus just for showing up to work on time and essentially make $20 hr ~ if you factor that in. Plus they get a retro check, so including that retro check they make around $23~ hr. Must be nice to be hired AFTER May of 2017 out here as a part time inside employee.

I only get $75 a week, who do I sue? Oddly enough you can show up late and still get it. Guys in my hub who've shown late still get it at the end of the week.

They can't keep people here, only 1 in 15 or so stick around for more than 3 months. Just lost 2 last week.

Be happy you get any bonus at all.
At my center we get no bonus AND we're constantly short handed. We've been short handed 90% of the time I've worked here.
They just don't care. Just work harder, do the job of 3 people, and get injured in the process trying to do too much. Jokes gonna be on them pretty soon though b/c as soon as those retro checks hit, my shift is gonna be a :censored2:ing ghost town. :censored2: 'em

SweatPit

i won't bite
Be happy you get any bonus at all.
At my center we get no bonus AND we're constantly short handed. We've been short handed 90% of the time I've worked here.
They just don't care. Just work harder, do the job of 3 people, and get injured in the process trying to do too much. Jokes gonna be on them pretty soon though b/c as soon as those retro checks hit, my shift is gonna be a :censored2:ing ghost town. :censored2: 'em
All depends on the area/region brother. Lots of jobs out here so UPS has to do this bonus crap to keep employees since there are a ton of jobs in the area where you start out at $13 an hour or more. Heck Amazon is right down the road and you start out at $15hr there.

Area man. Started out at $80 a week here back in May of 2017 and now it got up to $200 a week. Some hubs I heard it got high as $300 a week.

Wait wait wait. Who gets a bonus for being on time???
Kansas City area. I made a thread on it if you search my profile. Its total crap.

Needabiggerhammer

Gonna pimp up my seniority. I laugh every time someone quits, thanks for the pension/healthcare money. Even the people who've been at my hub for 2+ years don't work more than 10 hours a week, stupid.

I'm confused. I don't know the 100% specific breakdowns but you know your time worked goes towards that pension/retirement and even vacation, and if you're only working 10 hours a week I'd be surprised if you even accrue time off.

Maybe it's different in your local but...I doubt it. Maybe a union guru can chime in and clear up the specifics but if you're working 10 hours a week you ain't retiring from :censored2:.

542thruNthru

I'm confused. I don't know the 100% specific breakdowns but you know your time worked goes towards that pension/retirement and even vacation, and if you're only working 10 hours a week I'd be surprised if you even accrue time off.

Maybe it's different in your local but...I doubt it. Maybe a union guru can chime in and clear up the specifics but if you're working 10 hours a week you ain't retiring from :censored2:.

I think that's what he's saying. The people that only work 10 hours a week are stupid.

.....but then again....i work my ass off for a week to make what some of these vets make in a day. So no. Nvm i dont feel bad.
Ima enjoy that more than $$1000 retro.

I think you should look into advancing your situation.

I'm at yr6 PT, Owed maybe $400.

Half our crew is new hires. They're due upwards of $1,800.

At this point, I don't even care about the retro check. I hope we never get it.

They'll get an equivalent of about 12 average checks, while I'll get maybe a week and a half's worth of pay. Our buildings kind of slow averaging 13-23hrs a week for most.

I will have worked twice as many hours as some And am still $1,000 shy of most. Bitterness and lethargic behavior is about to go down.

Yr 3 to lifers are screwed. Everyone else is getting a solid raise.

I'm a 4th year driver which is the largest increase in progression pay with the new contract. I'm owed over $5,500 at this point. If I don't get it, I will pursue legal action.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
My BA says yes without delay, but my gut says no. There needs to be a resolution for 243 whether it's them getting it rammed through or them revoting and then getting it rammed through, but either way there's more to play out in the coming weeks.

The silence on the subject by all official parties and my BA's certainty that it's now all settled points to it being rammed through. This week, next week, or next month, I can't say. At this point if they're ramming it in regardless and they know they are, I don't see any purpose in playing coy or delaying, just end it now.
That is a lot of ramming