Does This Sound Like Anyone You Know?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Detroit was mismanaged and quality was really poor for decades. After WWII, the American automakers turned their nose to Lean Manufacturing that became the Toyoda system and Japan started to kill us with greater efficiency, a passion for continuous improvement, and a dedicated workforce.

GM management made the decision to accept contracts for losses, not the union.

Plus, the Big 3 outsourced a lot of their production, especially to Mexico. The biggest problem with GM, Ford, and Chrysler was management, not labor. "Roger and Me" illustrates this beautifully.

vantexan

If you would have stayed your first hitch would you be topped out now? I like you, don't take it the wrong way. I got a "divorce" once. When I "remarried" again it sure wasn't to my first wife.

There are issues to be addressed with mid-range couriers, my present and last wife reminds me weekly of that.

I've freely admitted that I screwed up quitting. But I came back in good faith, was told I'd top out in 7 or 8 years. They were telling me that almost 15 years ago, and I've heard mgrs telling newhires that many times since in a number of stations, including less than a year ago. We can highlight my personal mistake, but they are doing this to tens of thousands of others. Might not matter to you, but I came back primarily to get the traditional pension, and it mattered very much to me that they terminated it in 2008. This company puts rewarding it's exec's before taking care of those who make it happen for them.

Sniper

I came back primarily to get the traditional pension, and it mattered very much to me that they terminated it in 2008. This company puts rewarding it's exec's before taking care of those who make it happen for them.

100% correct.

I will also draw half of what was projected. It does matter to me but it's not a bad idea to have a plan B. I have resigned myself to work "somewhere" well into my 60's. I'm sure congress will change the retirement age for social security before I hit 62 so I'm not really counting on that either.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
100% correct.

I will also draw half of what was projected. It does matter to me but it's not a bad idea to have a plan B. I have resigned myself to work "somewhere" well into my 60's. I'm sure congress will change the retirement age for social security before I hit 62 so I'm not really counting on that either.
Sheesh ... you have almost TWENTY more years to work? I'd be under the gazebo, making sure my propane grill didn't burn down my carport.