Does This Sound Like Anyone You Know?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I highly doubt he reads any of his email; probably just some third string secretary.

Try writing Fred an email. You'll get a letter. I know because a fellow employee did exactly that, and received a warning letter for daring to contact Fred without going up the chain-of-command.

vantexan

Try writing Fred an email. You'll get a letter. I know because a fellow employee did exactly that, and received a warning letter for daring to contact Fred without going up the chain-of-command.

I wrote Fred one time and he had his administrative assistant call me. The situation went to Regional VP who totally took the side of mgr. Mgr later was told to take mgrs' buyout or get fired.

Sniper

Wow.

I thought we had an open door? Another story I "heard" was courier X was sick (walking pneumonia) the week of peak, many, many years ago. Worked all week and called out the 26th. They cancelled his holiday pay. He explained the details and sent it to Fred. "Pay him" was the reply. Now I am not contriving this in any way. Different times back then. I have no "direct knowledge". The courier that related the story transferred in, stayed at TRI many years and then went back to MEM.

Times were different back then so I don't really know. I like to think it is true, like the Las Vegas/payroll story, I always smile at that one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wrote Fred one time and he had his administrative assistant call me. The situation went to Regional VP who totally took the side of mgr. Mgr later was told to take mgrs' buyout or get fired.

When did you write the Weasel? My (anecdotal) account is from 2 years ago. EE wrote Fred, SM wrote EE a letter because they didn't go through Open Door or GFT, and for not pursuing the matter with local management first. I was shocked.

vantexan

When did you write the Weasel? My (anecdotal) account is from 2 years ago. EE wrote Fred, SM wrote EE a letter because they didn't go through Open Door or GFT, and for not pursuing the matter with local management first. I was shocked.

It was in late 2000 if I remember right. It was why when faced with a much more serious situation at next station I chose to tell what happened without naming names or places, just gave my name and employee number on Fedexaminer. Senior got demoted, ops mgr fired.

Sniper

I wrote a VP and a higher up personnel rep in MEM once in 2007. Sent them a FedEx letter. I am still here. The following Tuesday I was in the "can" unloading but my issues were addressed in a reasonable amount of time. I had tried several times to resolve the situation in house and it was falling on deaf ears. I had no other choice.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wrote a VP and a higher up personnel rep in MEM once in 2007. Sent them a FedEx letter. I am still here. The following Tuesday I was in the "can" unloading but my issues were addressed in a reasonable amount of time. I had tried several times to resolve the situation in house and it was falling on deaf ears. I had no other choice.

A VP is different than the almighty Weasel. I wonder what would happen if you sent MT3 a note?

Sniper

Have you sent a VP a FedEx letter with your return address attached?

I did, been there done it, have my copies of both airbills. It is what it is.

I did not enjoy that one bit. The issues were addressed. The planes are still flying and we are still driving. That was long before I ever found this "forum". I took initiative, stuck my neck out on the block and a POSITIVE outcome was the end result. Not just for ME, but my entire work group. Again we are all in this together.

A senior was quoted: "you can do things right, or do the right thing". They have a very similar sound but entirely different meanings. Now you know my wife works at FedEx and worked at UPS.

Which senior told her that?

Don't tell me, show me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have you sent a VP a FedEx letter with your return address attached?

I did, been there done it, have my copies of both airbills. It is what it is.

I did not enjoy that one bit. The issues were addressed. The planes are still flying and we are still driving. That was long before I ever found this "forum". I took initiative, stuck my neck out on the block and a POSITIVE outcome was the end result. Not just for ME, but my entire work group. Again we are all in this together.

A senior was quoted: "you can do things right, or do the right thing". They have a very similar sound but entirely different meanings. Now you know my wife works at FedEx and worked at UPS.

Which senior told her that?

Don't tell me, show me.

What if I show you you're an idiot? Will you go back to Mayberry?

Maui

I have had 4 Seniors and seen 7 ops managers come and go.

There is that race card again.

Factually East Tennessee supported the Union in the civil war, like that really matters. The hospitals are laying off RN's like crazy in anticipation of Obama Care. One in a neighboring town is shutting the doors for good on that small hospital.

I lot of drivers who work here have a 4 year degree. They choose to live here like I do because it's the REDDEST district in the state, just kidding, :wink2:they choose to live here because the quality of life, your neighbors are great and lower cost of living. The lower cost of living does depress the wages here but I don't see anyone hiring right now. That will only get worse when Obama care kicks in and the Federal Reserve turns off the printing presses.

Then we will see a real recession. I hope I am wrong but time will tell, it always does.

Tennessee tried it's version of AHCA called Tenn Care several years ago, it just about broke the state. Unlike some states it is in Tennessee's Constitution that the budget will be balanced. Tenn Care was a great idea in concept but when the rubber hit the road it just did not work.

Even the top employer in the area, Eastman is NOT the same company it was just a few years ago, they are cutting costs (salary, insurance, retirement options). They are focusing on productivity and the bottom line. (sounds familiar)

I have always been a one issue voter. If that is an extreme view so be it. :gunsmilie No matter which party is in control, taxes are going up and WE will get lied to again and again.

Ronald Reagan signed the first "GUN BAN" in 1986 with the NRA's support. I got so mad I wrote my representatives but much like the FFA bill it was a done deal. I dropped out of the NRA for years and only recently joined again because all of the anti-gun propaganda that is spewing out of DC.

Debra Maggart (R) 3rd term incumbent tabled the "gun in trunk" bill which would allow permit holders to store their weapon on company property without fear of termination. (The internet is your friend, see what happened to her.) Guess what, this year Nashville passed it so fast Al Jazzera Gore head is still spinning off. He lost the Presidency because he didn't carry Tennessee. He lost his home state because of his gun control views.

When I worked as an enforcement officer with the state in the 90-92 it was an entirely different story. The state was royal blue, they had the house, senate and the governor's chair. Was it a big deal? not really. Is it a big deal now that the rolls have reversed, not really.

We got our nickname because of the VOLUNTEERS who went to fight the king's tyranny....especially in the Battle of New Orleans. I just don't think we would have had the success if there was a sign posted "NO FIREARMS". It's not the gun but the heart.

Now the POTUS is ginning up the debate again saying AMERICA doesn't care about the last mass shooting at the Navy Yard unless we surrender some of our 2nd amendment rights. That is total B.S.

If I recall "shotgun" Joe was telling everyone to go get a shotgun, you don't NEED an AR. From the reports I am reading a shotgun was used in this last tragic murder scene.

I am a ONE issue voter and that will never "change".

That is still pretty stable. Some locations go through that many managers in 5-7 years. I say that TN-01 is the reddest district because it is with a COOK PVI of R+25.

Please spare me TN history. I know the three states of TN and why it is called the Volunteer state, etc. I also know that the "blue" from earlier periods were mostly conservatives. Hardly the same as a Northeast or West Coast liberal. Jimmy Quillen represented the district for over 30 years though.

I doubt you can see the racism and bigotry that exists so prevalently there. It really would shock many from other parts of the country. You see, I am from the area and lived there the better part of 25 years. I was called racial epithets. Store clerks would smile and speak to everyone in line, but turn away and just look at a screen or look down when my wife approached the register. People tried to move out of neighborhoods in Kingsport when the first family of color moved in.

Unicoi County kicked out all black men. I dated a girl from Duffield, VA saw murders (lynchings) as late as the 1980s that she recalled. I have contacts that still live in the area that use racist and bigoted language casually.

I have friends that help fund the Repubs in East TN. They are social liberals, but want to keep their taxes as low as possible. They can afford the economic policy because it benefits them. They are selfish. The policies that are advocated by TN hurt the poorest citizens.

Many of the people of ET are good-hearted and hard working. My family settled there before TN was a state and worked at Eastman since it opened. It is also very insular and unwelcoming to different ideas and people from other areas. This makes it difficult for other voices to be heard. Reality is that the ideas most common there are a little regressive and slow to change.

Maui

Google States receiving most welfare per capita and read the top article from Forbes. See which states are paying what. What they pay in benefits is given in cash equivalent for someone working.

I'm not sure if you are just being thick. I am not talking about individual payments of aid from the state to their residents. I am talking about TN as a whole living off the work of other states. TN receives more money from the federal government that it pays out. It really is that simple. TN does not carry its own weight. TN is not alone in this. Many states are welfare states.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That is still pretty stable. Some locations go through that many managers in 5-7 years. I say that TN-01 is the reddest district because it is with a COOK PVI of R+25.

Please spare me TN history. I know the three states of TN and why it is called the Volunteer state, etc. I also know that the "blue" from earlier periods were mostly conservatives. Hardly the same as a Northeast or West Coast liberal. Jimmy Quillen represented the district for over 30 years though.

I doubt you can see the racism and bigotry that exists so prevalently there. It really would shock many from other parts of the country. You see, I am from the area and lived there the better part of 25 years. I was called racial epithets. Store clerks would smile and speak to everyone in line, but turn away and just look at a screen or look down when my wife approached the register. People tried to move out of neighborhoods in Kingsport when the first family of color moved in.

Unicoi County kicked out all black men. I dated a girl from Duffield, VA saw murders (lynchings) as late as the 1980s that she recalled. I have contacts that still live in the area that use racist and bigoted language casually.

I have friends that help fund the Repubs in East TN. They are social liberals, but want to keep their taxes as low as possible. They can afford the economic policy because it benefits them. They are selfish. The policies that are advocated by TN hurt the poorest citizens.

Many of the people of ET are good-hearted and hard working. My family settled there before TN was a state and worked at Eastman since it opened. It is also very insular and unwelcoming to different ideas and people from other areas. This makes it difficult for other voices to be heard. Reality is that the ideas most common there are a little regressive and slow to change.

I was shocked almost every time I went to MEM at the level of blatant racism. They didn't even bother to be subtle about it. Had a few encounters with the locals when I'd go out in the evenings with Black friends. People say the South has changed....not really.

Sniper

I was shocked almost every time I went to MEM at the level of blatant racism. They didn't even bother to be subtle about it. Had a few encounters with the locals when I'd go out in the evenings with Black friends. People say the South has changed....not really.

There is that race card again...wow.

Sniper

Yes I am a well traveled man. I have "jumped" to Hawaii, Vegas x 3, and Boston. Have any of you? I asked that question before about jumpseating and all I heard were the "crickets" chirping.

I have been to every state except Oregon, Vermont and North Dakota and Alaska. I could "show" you but that was back in the day of 35mm (film not caliber)..lol

The most "racist" city I have personally ever visited was Flint, MI. I was 15 in Explorer Post 38 on the way to Canada to go fishing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes I am a well traveled man. I have "jumped" to Hawaii, Vegas x 3, and Boston. Have any of you? I asked that question before about jumpseating and all I heard were the "crickets" chirping.

I have been to every state except Oregon, Vermont and North Dakota and Alaska. I could "show" you but that was back in the day of 35mm (film not caliber)..lol

The most "racist" city I have personally ever visited was Flint, MI. I was 15 in Explorer Post 38 on the way to Canada to go fishing.

Ever been outside the country, except for military missions? The South is still quite intolerant of non-Whites, especially those who don't "know their place". The worst place I have ever seen was Blytheville, AR....pretty bad.

vantexan

I'm not sure if you are just being thick. I am not talking about individual payments of aid from the state to their residents. I am talking about TN as a whole living off the work of other states. TN receives more money from the federal government that it pays out. It really is that simple. TN does not carry its own weight. TN is not alone in this. Many states are welfare states.

TN as a whole isn't living off the work of other states. TN happens to be surprisingly advanced in many areas. A visit to Nashville would soon convince you. You have said nothing that isn't based on facts, just old stereotypes about hillbillies, rednecks, and the Delta. And while there is some of that in rural backwaters, you won't let the facts get in the way, such as TN having the 9th best economy of all the States. And by the way, if you are familiar with the work being done at Oak Ridge then you already know where a large percentage of Federal money flowing into Tennessee is going.

vantexan

The South is generally quite racist. Do you deny that? Wow...do you ever get out of TN?

Ever watch movies based in the South? There's always a scene at some point that often has nothing to do with the plot. In it a black man is showing approval towards the white protagonist. It's Hollywood's not so subtle way to tell those watching that it's ok to like the protagonist. He's one of the good Southern whites. In this way Hollywood continues to promote old, tired stereotypes about Southerners and shape millions of people's views of the South. I've been in all but 4 States myself, have lived extended periods in many of them, and have found racist attitudes everywhere I've gone. And none more so than in the Northeast. It's really easy to dump on the South, you don't like the business climate afterall, but check the growth rates in the Sunbelt. Most of those many millions that have moved into the South in the last 40 years are from the North. Many were blacks who moved back to places like Atlanta and Charlotte from places like Detroit and Chicago because they just found the South to be friendlier and safer. When you drag out the old, tired stereotypes you just make yourself look ignorant.