Does your hub have a picnic for employees family in the summer?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Does your hub have a picnic for employees families to attend? Our hub in the midwest has had two total in over 25 years. One was the hundredth anniversary and the other was a picnic with those JTM burgers. The only thing that was tasty were the cupcakes. Some of the "shirts" showed up but only talked to the supervisors. Nice, huh?
I think the company should have something fairly decent once a year - perhaps on the anniversary weekend for the employees - without us they wouldn't be anything. After all with all of the extra profit they are gaining and the their recent earnings - they could certainly HELP morale a lot. Of course, we will also remember the harassment, short pays, supes working but wouldn't it be nice if they treated us as humans instead of just a number on their shift sheet?
So the question is: does you hub have anything and is it annually?
I go with @Indecisi0n

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
@Gumby ,, they are still pissed about 97 ,, ,, lol
And they stopped all little acts of kindness , the occasional am breakfast , evening soup on cold days. Cold cut platters during Christmas in the center etc etc

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
That is one of the best things about retirement. Being able to enjoy the holidays

Hell I even put up a few lights my wife couldn’t believe it
Recently retired...My wife hit me with this just the other day, "you'll be able to enjoy Christmas for the first time since you were 17 years old." Hadn't even thought about that. This will certainly be a weird feeling looking forward to peak season instead of dreading October 1 when it felt like the end of life for the year.

We had a UPS party at the holidays my first year, 1987. Never since. One bbq at a park in 1990, never since. The drivers used to put together a golf tournament for 3 years. Center manager showed up the last year, was told by many drivers, "this isn't your show." He couldn't help himself, went into management mode. Drama ensued. Nobody but butt-kissers and management signed up for following year, tournament canceled.

Our Teamsters region puts on Teamsters Day At The Park which is a ballgame at the Oakland Coliseum, this year A's vs. Giants. Huge catered bbq, t-shirts, ticket to game for something like $30. Large turnout for this one every year.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We also used to have a softball tournament every year. Every department in the district could field a team. It was a pretty big deal. Braggin' rights for the whole year. Last year they had it, the team that won it was in a building about 75 miles from Houston. They went back to their town, had a big party. One of the team members dropped dead from a heart attack. The family sued UPS and won a settlement. End of softball tourney.

Last couple years we’ve taken a little weekend boat trip. Crabbing, skiing, drinking. Started with 5 of us ended up being 22 last year. That was too many for one boat. So we tied up to a buoy at a state park 8-10 pitched tents at the camp sites.

Haven’t planned a trip this year, had to cut down on expenses. Fuel was $800 groceries ?? We lost 2 crab pots, a 6 horse outboard, 2 life jackets, and a wetsuit. But nobody died.

Covemastah

We also used to have a softball tournament every year. Every department in the district could field a team. It was a pretty big deal. Braggin' rights for the whole year. Last year they had it, the team that won it was in a building about 75 miles from Houston. They went back to their town, had a big party. One of the team members dropped dead from a heart attack. The family sued UPS and won a settlement. End of softball tourney.
Jeeezuz ,,,, you just can’t make this stuff up !!!

Covemastah

Last couple years we’ve taken a little weekend boat trip. Crabbing, skiing, drinking. Started with 5 of us ended up being 22 last year. That was too many for one boat. So we tied up to a buoy at a state park 8-10 pitched tents at the camp sites.

Haven’t planned a trip this year, had to cut down on expenses. Fuel was $800 groceries ?? We lost 2 crab pots, a 6 horse outboard, 2 life jackets, and a wetsuit. But nobody died.
Lost a hp outboard ??
WTF !! Any one sober on those boats ? lol. That’s a 1200 dollar loss there

bigjoelex

RETIRED
Does your hub have a picnic for employees families to attend? Our hub in the midwest has had two total in over 25 years. One was the hundredth anniversary and the other was a picnic with those JTM burgers. The only thing that was tasty were the cupcakes. Some of the "shirts" showed up but only talked to the supervisors. Nice, huh?
I think the company should have something fairly decent once a year - perhaps on the anniversary weekend for the employees - without us they wouldn't be anything. After all with all of the extra profit they are gaining and the their recent earnings - they could certainly HELP morale a lot. Of course, we will also remember the harassment, short pays, supes working but wouldn't it be nice if they treated us as humans instead of just a number on their shift sheet?
So the question is: does you hub have anything and is it annually?
Worked there 40 years ,had a few in old days as part timer but things were better back then. Worked full time over 30 years and no picnics ever.