Does your hub have a picnic for employees family in the summer?

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
You would stop at the bar after work and your sup would buy you a beer and not a freaking word was said about work.
Yep, we had a dive bar down the road. The center manager would sometimes grab a bunch of us and say beers are on me. We would always joke when asked the safety question where do you assemble in an emergency. THE DIVE BAR!

Those days are long, long gone.

rod

Retired 22 years
For a long time, at different times of the year, we had an annual trap-shoot, fishing tournament, golf contest, summer picnic and Christmas party. UPS or management had nothing to do with them and wasn't invited. As far as I know none of that stuff goes on today. Hell the guys (if that's what you want to call them) don't even stop for a beer anymore.

dudebro

Did they have a PCM before each game to stay hydrated and to be safe?
If a PT person got hurt, did they have a steward, and a warning letter in hand for not playing safe?
I can happily report there was none of that.

As for staying hydrated, I was drinking from the water fountain on my third day at work during the operation. My FT sup informed me that water was for p*ssies.

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

When I started on the night sort there was an hourly vs. PT sup tackle football game every Saturday morning. Game started when the beer coolers were empty.
They used to have a softball tournament when I first started. They asked if I was gonna join and I asked if I keep the bat after i hit the ball... they never asked me anymore...
cameron.gif

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

When I started on the night sort there was an hourly vs. PT sup tackle football game every Saturday morning. Game started when the beer coolers were empty.

Did they have a PCM before each game to stay hydrated and to be safe?
If a PT person got hurt, did they have a steward, and a warning letter in hand for not playing safe?

Hey hey hey... all of ups is safe by choice, not by chance. Ok. We don’t take our safety as a joke. Don’t forget that.
OMD_1.gif

Ok? Cause we’d really hate for you to get hurt. Alright? Ok. Now let’s stretch those muscles!!