Dog Bite=Warning Letter

M

me28

I could not resist this...I admit I am an on-road supervisor for UPS. I would never allow any of my drivers to work through their lunch or start on the clock early without pay. I ensure that because it just isnt right. I have a good relationship with 99.9% percent of my drivers. I understand that their needs are just as important as mine. If they request a 30 min. lunch because they need to get off early for something, then yes. If they request to go fix their load because their loader didn't show up that day, then yes (but with pay) Although, I can't remember the last time I got a lunch LOL. Just because you do the job with little error doesn't mean you are kissing booty. I take care of them and in return they take care of me and I thank them for that on a daily basis personally and during our PCM's.
P.S. and yes my ERI score reflected that

Brownnblue

You are all haters and should be thankful you have a job. Better than flipping burgers, which is your education level.

Actually, if I left UPS I would hope that I would be offered employment in one of the dozen or so jobs that was offered to me during the strike of '97. Office work, teaching, professional ministry, construction, the list was quite varied.
Or, perhaps you are right. Maybe the BA I earned was just a fluke, maybe I am stuck in Concrete Operations, which is genetic epistemologist Jean Piaget's third stage of cognitive development.

Your call.

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
I'm guessing that the warning letter had nothing to do with being stupid and getting bitten by a dog but more about

"I will report all accidents and injuries immediately"

tieguy

Banned
Don't worry help is on the way. We have some new online cbts that will provide specific training on avoiding dog bites. Reading these true / false questions will instantly initiate a dog proof force field around you.:thumbup1:

browniehound

I have a good relationship with 99.9% percent of my drivers.
Man, I didn't know on-car sups had to manage so many drivers. If what you say is accurate, you must supervise a group of at least 1,000 drivers. That would be the minimum amount of drivers you would need to manage for you to have a "good relationship with 99.9% of my drivers" I find it hard to believe that out of 1,000 drivers, 999 of them like you:w00t:

tieguy

Banned
Man, I didn't know on-car sups had to manage so many drivers. If what you say is accurate, you must supervise a group of at least 1,000 drivers. That would be the minimum amount of drivers you would need to manage for you to have a "good relationship with 99.9% of my drivers" I find it hard to believe that out of 1,000 drivers, 999 of them like you:w00t:

At least they tell him he does.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Don't worry help is on the way. We have some new online cbts that will provide specific training on avoiding dog bites. Reading these true / false questions will instantly initiate a dog proof force field around you.:thumbup1:

And it really works, we had the pcm on Thursday, and I havent even been chased yet.

me28

Yo browniehound, I said "my drivers" (my group)..I have 35 of them...They are a great group of people. I have nothing to gain by stating this...They bring it everyday

me28

and by the way..its a she

ups-submariner

ups-submariner
I don't think the bitten driver even deserves a verbal warning. 17 years on the same urban route with alot of dogs; and I always carry dog bisquits or treats. They are very effective in behavior modification. If a dog even so much as barks he may not get a bisquit. Some dogs just hate delivery people. Bisquits also help in escapes.

wornoutupser

Hey Over,
If you read UPS's own materials, a package not delivered due to a dog is missed!
We sheet them that way here-and the sups hate it. They then have to call the customer and this is the middle of redneck central. I say that proudly, I own 3 dogs myself!

wornoutupser

I could not resist this...I admit I am an on-road supervisor for UPS. I would never allow any of my drivers to work through their lunch or start on the clock early without pay. I ensure that because it just isnt right. I have a good relationship with 99.9% percent of my drivers. I understand that their needs are just as important as mine. If they request a 30 min. lunch because they need to get off early for something, then yes. If they request to go fix their load because their loader didn't show up that day, then yes (but with pay) Although, I can't remember the last time I got a lunch LOL. Just because you do the job with little error doesn't mean you are kissing booty. I take care of them and in return they take care of me and I thank them for that on a daily basis personally and during our PCM's.
P.S. and yes my ERI score reflected that

We had one of the lowest ERI's around. We could use a GOOD sup here!

canon

I don't think the bitten driver even deserves a verbal warning. 17 years on the same urban route with alot of dogs; and I always carry dog bisquits or treats. They are very effective in behavior modification. If a dog even so much as barks he may not get a bisquit. Some dogs just hate delivery people. Bisquits also help in escapes.

I go thru a bag of them a week. The customers love to see their dog getting along with the delivery guy. I hear all the time about "the fdx guy wont even get out of his truck". Good... hopefully I can help him out enough so that he wont even need to come to my route lol. Some dogs want to chase the truck when I leave too... give those treats out right before I leave. Keeps them busy chewing instead of chasing.

One customer had 2 pits and a mixed pit... he came out screaming for me not to get out of the truck the first time I went there because his dogs would "make a snack out of me". Agreed, they were going nuts and jumping at my windows. I had no intention of getting out. The next time I had a delivery the owner wasn't home, so I dropped a bone out for each one. Completely changed their disposition. Now they wag their tails and can't wait to see me. The avatar I use is one of them.