Dog Killer!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Ok. Time to fess up. It will make you feel better. How many dogs have you run over in your brown truck? Whats the strangest thing you have hit?

I have been pretty fortunate in running over only 5 in 23 years. Killed three of them. The two I didn't kill were a St. Bernard and a Rotty. People that owned the Rotty told me not to worry about him. He was in the road. Before I could get in they had already called in a complaint trying to get UPS to pay his vet bill. center manager asked where he got hit. After hearing he was in the street he politely refused. :thumbup1: Lots of dogs I would have liked to run over and I am a dog lover!

Killed three deer. Hit two of em and had one commit Hari Kari (broke his neck) by jumping into the side of my truck.

One story before I go told to me by an old center manager I actually liked. :ohmy:

Seems he had a driver in the center he was transferred from that had a bad dog on his route that always tried to bite him. He complained to the owner time and time again with no luck. One day the center manager gets a call from the owner complaining that the driver had killed his dog. The center manager asks him if the dog was mean and tried to bite the driver. The owner admitted that the dog had bitten the driver before. center manager says "Don't you think you could have tied the dog up to prevent this?' Owner says "Thats the problem. I had the dog tied up and your driver beat him to death with a baseball bat!"

Paybacks Hell ain't it?

I always carry a box of treats on my truck. I always have dogs lining up to get their treats. It's like I am the Ice Cream Man!

rod

Retired 22 years
I only hit one dog in 30 years but there were many I would of loved to hit. Damm 8 Cube was too slow.:wink:

govols019

You smell that?
I've killed three dogs. All three in the road and all three broke my heart.

There's a Great Dane that I pray I catch in the road just once. Heck, I'd run him down in the ditch if I had to. He bit me about 6-7 years ago and killing him would do my heart good.

I don't carry treats. I keep pepper spray.

krash

Go big orange
I only hit one dog in 30 years but there were many I would of loved to hit. Damm 8 Cube was too slow.:wink:
:lol:
I never hit one with my car. Knocked one's teeth loose with my DIAD after he rushed me growling, barking and snarling.:thumbup1:

upsgrunt

A driver was walking up to a porch in which a man was sitting and encountered a growling dog. The driver asks the man if his dog bites and the man says "naw". Of course the driver gets bit and says to the man " I thought you said your dog doesn't bite?" The man on the porch says, "I did; but that's not my dawg.":laugh:

jlphotog

The only animal I have hit is a bird. The damn thing flew up from the side of the road and kept climbing until my mirror hit it. I couldn't see out of that mirror again until I was able to adjusted it.

Last week I was walking back to my truck after delivering a ressie when I hear this dog with a really mean bark. I turned toward it and it was running right at me. I raised my DIAD to defend myself when the owner somehow called the dog off. After she got the dog under control she said to me you weren't going to hit him with that were you? I said if he attacked I would have beat him till he wasn't a threat anymore.

She threatened to call the police and I said go ahead. They will take your dog and probably destroy it. And you will be charged for not having him on a leash. She dropped it right there.

By the way, I love dogs and dogs love me. Sometimes you just gotta take care of yourself first.

BigBrownSanta

I've killed 3 in the past 10 years. 2 of them used to chase my truck every day. I didn't feel bad about them, but the 3rd one was about 12 years old and probably couldn't even see very well. I felt bad about that one.

brownrodster

had one commit Hari Kari (broke his neck) by jumping into the side of my truck.

Before I worked at UPS I had a deer do that to me while I was driving a big truck. the deer were in the road and I slowed way down. One just jumped into my truck and bounced off and ran away.

I think I killed a bird a few weeks ago. He was chillin in the road and decided to fly away too late and got 35mph of ups truck running into him.

rod

Retired 22 years
The only animal I have hit is a bird. The damn thing flew up from the side of the road and kept climbing until my mirror hit it. I couldn't see out of that mirror again until I was able to adjusted it.

Last week I was walking back to my truck after delivering a ressie when I hear this dog with a really mean bark. I turned toward it and it was running right at me. I raised my DIAD to defend myself when the owner somehow called the dog off. After she got the dog under control she said to me you weren't going to hit him with that were you? I said if he attacked I would have beat him till he wasn't a threat anymore.

She threatened to call the police and I said go ahead. They will take your dog and probably destroy it. And you will be charged for not having him on a leash. She dropped it right there.

By the way, I love dogs and dogs love me. Sometimes you just gotta take care of yourself first.
I once had a lady scream at me "Don't hurt my dog" as I was peppering it with rocks as it tried to get me. I shouted back " Hurt it hell- I'm trying to kill it". I think she got the message because she always kept it in the house after that.

upsgrunt

Years ago I hit a poodle that ran into the road; thing was that the little girl who it belonged to was in the yard and saw the whole thing. Of course I stopped and the dad came out and was looking things over and the girl says- between sobs- maybe it's just knocked out; it might wake up! I thought to myself- yea and monkeys might fly out of its butt. I got that thing with both sets of wheels; no way was it gettin up.

Just Lurking

One driver in out center had a turkey fly into open side door. I would have **** my pants.

Once I looked out my side door to see a doe running right beside the truck She was no more 4-5 feet from the side of the truck. We went for about half mile withe me before turning into an open field. It was pretty cool at the time but I realized how bad it could have been if she had turned the other way.

On topic, I have been bit three times. I will swing my diad by the handle to hit big dogs. If they are small enough I will throw the diad at them.

satellitedriver

None, in 21 yrs.
I did knock a German Shepherd out one time. Very rural area, swing driving, stop to ask some people if they knew where "so and so" lived. They said no. I turned to go back to my truck and a 90lb German Shepherd was at full run towards me. When it got to me with his mouth open at crotch level, I hit him with a right fist and he turned his head to bite that hand and I hit him with a left, he turned to bite the left hand and I hit him again with a right. I really didn't know I was that fast with my hands. It was like punching a speed bag. After about 5 to 10 seconds of this, the dog backed up, sat down and fell over. I looked at the owners and they said the dog had never acted like that. I apologized and started back towards my truck. Just then the dog woke up and I turned towards him to start all over again. He just sat there and watched me leave.
Amazing what adreniline(sp) can do.
PAX

dammor

Over 27 years and never hit a dog at work. Many a bird have hit my windshield and died.
I hate it, but at least it was quick. A pheasant broke my windshield. Had a roadrunner that jumped at the wrong time and was stuck in the front grill of a Sprinter. He was of course dead and when he was pulled out part of the grill came with him.

I've been bitten once. The dog didn't even bark at me. He got me while I was stepping back into the truck. It was a cow dog. I guess he was hearding me.

I carry bisquits and love dogs. I've only encountered one dog that has really scared me.
Last year I had a Bull Mastiff knock the front glass door down and come straight for me.
That was the biggest dog I have ever seen. They say not to run but I would have anyway if I could have. Hell, I was too scared to move. Long story short the woman came out and tried to hold him but could not. Finally the husband came out and got some control of him. A week later there was a picture of the dog at the Subway in this small town I was in saying the dog was missing and that he looked mean but was not. The dog was never found and I would bet he was done in by the locals. I still watch my back when I deliver there.

Last edited:

browndude

lets see 5 or 6 dogs many birds 1 chicken several squirrels,rabbits and guinea's 1 armadillo and 1 goat. yep i stay in the boonies all day

ikoi62

i drove for 20 years and the only thing i killed was a rabbit, it got caught between the rear wheels, it made a thumping noise till it flew out and hit the hood of a car that was behind me.:mellow:

i only had one dog come after me,it used to go nuts when i came down the street so the owner locked it in the garage when ever she heard the truck in the area.
this one day it was locked in and i came down the street and stopped at the dog owners house , we had just got diad 1 and she signed for the package, and i turned to leave i got about half way to the truck when i heard a crash, and heard the lady scream. i turned in time to see the dog coming at me in the air, i didn't think i could move that fast but i swung the diad like a bat and hit it on the right side of his head,he went down like a rag doll.
:thumbup1:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
not a joke a buddy of mine hit an elephant when backing into the Boston Garden during his walk when circus was in town back in early 90's ! avoidable????? he just about sh#it his pants:mellow:

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
None, in 21 yrs.
I did knock a German Shepherd out one time. Very rural area, swing driving, stop to ask some people if they knew where "so and so" lived. They said no. I turned to go back to my truck and a 90lb German Shepherd was at full run towards me. When it got to me with his mouth open at crotch level, I hit him with a right fist and he turned his head to bite that hand and I hit him with a left, he turned to bite the left hand and I hit him again with a right. I really didn't know I was that fast with my hands. It was like punching a speed bag. After about 5 to 10 seconds of this, the dog backed up, sat down and fell over. I looked at the owners and they said the dog had never acted like that. I apologized and started back towards my truck. Just then the dog woke up and I turned towards him to start all over again. He just sat there and watched me leave.
Amazing what adreniline(sp) can do.
PAX

I've been bit so many times it is unbelievable. Your story reminded me of one of my own. Delivered to a house many times and never saw a dog. One day a big beautiful German Shepherd is there. Won't let me out of my truck he is going so crazy. I come back the next day and a woman walks to my truck. She says that the dog won't bite (how many times have you heard that?) and he is really friendly. I told her that he wouldn't let me out of my truck the day before. I open the bulkhead door and get her package. Get down to the first step to hand it to her and the dog jumps up into the truck and bites me good on the shin ripping my pant leg in the process. She stood there with her mouth agape saying "I can't believe he just did that!"
She couldn't apologize enough and wanted to buy me a new pair of pants.

Most people have no idea that their dogs will bite. I get tired of proving it to them. You try and defend yourself and they get mad and complain.