DOK 4 You - Updated List 2014

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You want to know what else sucks? Wasting 8 years of your life in the Air Force.

Just think, you could already be retired from ups.
This post made me sick to my stomach. Serving in the us military , he was risking his life for your freedom. If I heard you say that in public your mouth would be red, white and blue.

Z

ZQXC

Service to ones country should be respected regardless.

The post was not to discredit his being a member of the armed forces. The post simply says that 8 years of his life was wasted; there is a truth in that statement that he has not challenged. Why do you suppose that is?

By not continuing with a career in the Air Force, any years accumulated become throw away years. Upstate, how much will your military pension be and when will the payments begin. Are the answers zero, and never.

One final thought: Where were all you flag wavers during the Vietnam years? Unborn is my guess. If your patriotism is so extreme, go enlist.

Z

ZQXC

This post made me sick to my stomach. Serving in the us military , he was risking his life for your freedom. If I heard you say that in public your mouth would be red, white and blue.

Go outside to throw up.

Upstate would probably be the first to tell you his life was never at risk during the time he was in the Air Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished my safety rides and DOK here in Los Angeles district building, tomorrow left for finishing up anything remaining for class.

That DOK you posted would of failed me.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Go outside to throw up.

Upstate would probably the first to tell you his life was never at risk during the time he was in the Air Force.
My father was in Vietnam for 2 tours. He saw many of his Air Force brothers die in combat. He himself nearly died of malaria. I hope you get food poising on Memorial Day. You are a disgrace to Americans.

BigBeef42

Hey guys let's calm down.

He made a small comment and is being backed into a corner. Worse things are being said else where.

The truth is if u really did care about our troops u'd reach out and help these vets personally.... and you don't. Let's climb down off the soap box. If u volunteer, then God bless you.

Armed forces aren't for everyone. Even after years of service ur still basically at the bottom of totem pole .. just like @ ups.

We're all Americans, soldiers or civilians, so let's respect each other regardless.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

Back onto topic...

Here is the 10 point commentary-

When at a stop: next 3 things. .

1- leave one car length between you and the vehicle ahead.

2- look left, right, left before proceeding

3- when the car ahead of you begins to roll, do a 1, 2, 3, get into 1st gear, release Ebrake, and go.

Once you're moving: last 7 things. ..

4- under 30mph keep a traveling distance of 4-6 seconds, and over 30mph a distance of 6-8 seconds.

5- every 5-8 seconds check ur mirror.

6- when passing parked cars, check steering wheels and signs of life.

7- stale or fresh green lights.

8- keep a 8-12 second eye lead time.

9- when pulling from a curb always look over ur shoulder.

10- Establish eye contact with motorist and pedestrians

It's that easy.....

Sent using BrownCafe App

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Back onto topic...
Here is the 10 point commentary-

When at a stop:
1- leave one car length between you and the vehicle ahead.
2- look left, right, left before proceeding
3- when the car ahead of you begins to roll, do a 1, 2, 3, get into 1st gear, release Ebrake, and go.

Once you're moving:
4- under 30mph keep a traveling distance of 4-6 seconds, and over 30mph a distance of 6-8 seconds.

5- every 5-8 seconds check ur mirror.

6- when passing parked cars, check steering wheels and signs of life.

7- stale or fresh green lights.

8- keep a 8-12 second eye lead time.

9- when pulling from a curb always look over ur shoulder.

10- Establish eye contact with motorist and pedestrians

It's that easy.....

Sent using BrownCafe App
I bet your co workers really love being around you, and say great things about you when your not around:salute:

BigBeef42

I bet your co workers really love being around you, and say great things about you when your not around:salute:

Cheers dude!

Truth is if - you're courteous to others they tend to be nice back.

I help my classmates and they are very appreciative. If they talk smack, then so be it. No sweat of my back.

U sound like ur stuck in High school... so worried about what others think of you. A cookie cutter personality for a cookie cutter world. I'm a nerd and am OK with it. Are you okay with yourself?

I don't have time to worry about what rednecks or yuppies think about me.There's not enough time in the day. I got bills to pay and mouths to feed. And the only way I can do that is by being the smartest mother friend in the room.

I'm doing this to help people.

Have a nice day.

Fug off.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I don't mean to offend. Or maybe I do....

Guys are going to rib you a bit. Some older guys used to throw a hand on your shoulder and pass down some advice. Then HR fired them for sexual harassment. :P

Now guys will bust on the new guys a bit but when the crap hits the fan they will be there to look out for you.

Z

ZQXC

If you really want to learn the DOK crap, sit down with a pencil and a blank piece of paper. When you can write it down in its entirety, you know it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you really want to learn the DOK crap, sit down with a pencil and a blank piece of paper. When you can write it down in its entirety, you know it.

Yep.

Just wait and see how good you are when they do the monthly (around here, anyhow) test.

Foamer Pyle

The DOK's are nothing more than a way for management to shirk responsibility of an injury or accident onto the employee. God forbid UPS ever own any accountability for the predicaments they put us in. Safety committees are one big ruse.

Sent using BrownCafe App