Donald Trump

oldngray

nowhere special
Except she said to Matt Lauer that she wrote the speech all by herself. She gave that information voluntarily. Wasn't even asked apparently.

That's not good

Agreed. If she wrote it herself (which I doubt) I could see her copying some cliches since English is not her native language. I could also see her speech being similar since both were made at similar occasions. Most of her speech seemed to be enough different that it wasn't copied but a couple of her phrases were almost exactly the same. I doubt Michelle created those phrases since they are in common usage though.

Mostly it just seems to be a way to indirectly attack Donald. I would like to see more media attention on the other speeches, some of which were very good.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Agreed. If she wrote it herself (which I doubt) I could see her copying some cliches since English is not her native language. I could also see her speech being similar since both were made at similar occasions. Most of her speech seemed to be enough different that it wasn't copied but a couple of her phrases were almost exactly the same. I doubt Michelle created those phrases since they are in common usage though.

Mostly it just seems to be a way to indirectly attack Donald. I would like to see more media attention on the other speeches, some of which were very good.
They literally showed two paragraphs being identical. I don't believe that's a mistake. Not word for word like that.

I don't think the RNC had a great first night. This looked like chaos and a WWE event.

Moderate conservatives have to be hating this.

oldngray

nowhere special
They literally showed two paragraphs being identical. I don't believe that's a mistake. Not word for word like that.

I don't think the RNC had a great first night. This looked like chaos and a WWE event.

Moderate conservatives have to be hating this.

2 whole paragraphs weren't identical. A couple of phrases and some of the word usage matched though.

Untitled.png

Who's the Copy-Cat? Melania Lifts 2 Phrases from Michelle O's Speech - Biden Lifted 5 Pages from Law Review Journal

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You do need to remember it wasn't Donald's speech.
She is a reflection of his campaign. Just like him. They're a package deal.

Either way, I watched the RNC and was wondering how it got to look like something out of a reality show or wrestling.

It's not what the GOP used to be.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

Either way, I watched the RNC and was wondering how it got to look like something out of a reality show or wrestling.

I don't buy the premise the President and First Lady are a package deal. She has no power as FLOTUS. Michelle Obama in 8 years has changed school lunches and planted veggies outside the white house. Not exactly powerful.

oldngray

nowhere special

There was no doubt the media would find something to use to attack Trump so the focus moves away from Issues or be about Hillary. If this is all they could find to attack him with then it won't hurt Trump at all.