Donald Trump's Go Fund Me Page

bacha29

"Wildly exaggerated and a total fabrication?" Says who? The banks have a fiduciary responsibility to verify everything is correct. They don't get to just accept what's on an application as 100% accurate without checking. If they were satisfied with the application and made the loan then who was harmed?

Here's the catch. The State Attorney General's office knew this was standard practice for loan applicants in this high dollar arena. They knew it was going on all the time but had never chosen to prosecute anyone for it. So they had a way to get Trump. The AG is on video numerous times before she was elected saying that a major goal she had was to go after and get Trump. This allowed her to do so. This was a political hatchet job from the start. It was not some high minded attempt to bring some evil doer to justice.

Why should he be held to a different standard? Because guys like him not only make the banks a lot of money but they also put a lot of people to work. He's not harming the tax system. His efforts generate a lot more tax revenue than the extra gained if his valuations were 100% accurate. Now the NY AG may have done more harm to the tax base than he ever did if a lot of businessmen worry that they may be next and pull up stakes. If they have nothing to worry about then this really was just an effort to get Trump.
If you haven't read the Judge Engoron's ruling, I'm taking the time to read it as I get that time
I would suggest that if you don't get anything more done you should at least read the summary and at least as far down as page 3.

In his summary the judge described Trump's long established and proven pattern of submitting fraudulent financial reports for the specific purpose of obtaining loans, insurance and tax assessment at rates more favorable to him than the marketplace would otherwise entitle him as well as anybody else to.

In addition on page 3 he says: " Timely and total repayment of loans does not extinguish the harm that false statements inflicts on the marketplace". In other words the judge will not allow Trump to trash US banking law and it's regulations.

This statement is in response to the "everyone does it" claim that you and others are making. A claim that goes nowhere in this judge's court. If you want to take that claim in front of a federal appeals court....have at it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If you haven't read the Judge Engoron's ruling, I'm taking the time to read it as I get that time
I would suggest that if you don't get anything more done you should at least read the summary and at least as far down as page 3.

In his summary the judge described Trump's long established and proven pattern of submitting fraudulent financial reports for the specific purpose of obtaining loans, insurance and tax assessment at rates more favorable to him than the marketplace would otherwise entitle him as well as anybody else to.

In addition on page 3 he says: " Timely and total repayment of loans does not extinguish the harm that false statements inflicts on the marketplace". In other words the judge will not allow Trump to trash US banking law and it's regulations.

This statement is in response to the "everyone does it" claim that you and others are making. A claim that goes nowhere in this judge's court. If you want to take that claim in front of a federal appeals court....have at it.
Waste your time reading that idiot of a judges ruling. He’s one of you.

vantexan

It's not US banking law, it's New York banking law. And New York has a peculiar law that states there doesn't have to be a victim for charges to be brought. The state AG, who campaigned on getting Trump, used that to her advantage. Now the question is will she go after everyone else who have done the same? Because if it's only Trump then this is nothing but political and not about justice.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Does this set a precedent…are the liberal multimillionaires in New York City going to be treated differently or is this on face value a political decision.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A case like this requires an injured party to file a complaint, and provide evidence of injury. There was no injury. The banks were paid, and were happy with the transactions.

Saw a tiny island for sale off the coast of Florida... Beer Can island. A pathetic sandbar full of trash, and probably will be erased by a hurricane in the future.
They want $14.2 million.

Mar-a-Lago at only $18 million? No way!
The deeds to Mar-A-Lago has restrictions upon it.
It can not be compared to other properties near it, since they don't have the same restrictions.
Trump did this to lower the taxes he had to pay.
The county had set the $18-$27M range of the properties worth due to these same restrictions.
Of course the judge went with the low ball estimate.

bacha29

It's not US banking law, it's New York banking law. And New York has a peculiar law that states there doesn't have to be a victim for charges to be brought. The state AG, who campaigned on getting Trump, used that to her advantage. Now the question is will she go after everyone else who have done the same? Because if it's only Trump then this is nothing but political and not about justice.
A grand jury will decide that matter. If her investigative team has just cause to seek an indictment they will likely pursue it and if it rises to the level of an indictment and if a grand jury will approve it they likely will just as they did in the Trump case
In the meantime playing the victim card in behalf of Trump is something he is a professional at so he doesn't need you to do it for him.
The matter now goes to a federal appeals court . In the meantime it's up to all of us to read the entire 92 page ruling and as non lawyers try to learn and understand as much as we can without offering any legal opinion because we are not qualified to do so.

But, rest assured I will not waste my time sitting around all day with nothing better to do than to watch cable news host arguing over the judge's ruling. There are more than enough problems at the local level.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The deeds to Mar-A-Lago has restrictions upon it.
It can not be compared to other properties near it, since they don't have the same restrictions.
Trump did this to lower the taxes he had to pay.
The county had set the $18-$27M range of the properties worth due to these same restrictions.
Of course the judge went with the low ball estimate.
It’s a complete sham. But a precedent has been set now, wait till the shoe is on the other foot. The wheel eventually comes back around.

Last edited:

vantexan

A grand jury will decide that matter. If her investigative team has just cause to seek an indictment they will likely pursue it and if it rises to the level of an indictment and if a grand jury will approve it they likely will just as they did in the Trump case
In the meantime playing the victim card in behalf of Trump is something he is a professional at so he doesn't need you to do it for him.
The matter now goes to a federal appeals court . In the meantime it's up to all of us to read the entire 92 page ruling and as non lawyers try to learn and understand as much as we can without offering any legal opinion because we are not qualified to do so.

But, rest assured I will not waste my time sitting around all day with nothing better to do than to watch cable news host arguing over the judge's ruling. There are more than enough problems at the local level.
She isn't going after anyone else because this was never more than fulfilling a campaign promise to get Trump.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Oh, so we're at the standard MAGA response "Well, everybody else does it" No they do not and if a publicly traded company tried what Trump has been convicted to doing the SEC would come crashing down on it and every exchange the company's stock was traded on would immediately delist it.

Now Trump can and will appeal the judgement. We'll have to wait to see what the higher court has to say about it. If it allows the judgement to stand then there isn't a single FDIC bank in the country that will lend him a dime because you can't believe a word he says both in person and on paper because no bank would be willing to let Donald J Trump drain their mandated loan loss reserves when he stiffs them for the money.sure

Why would any sensible human spend time reading a 90+ page civil ruling that will undoubtedly be overturned?

bacha29

Does this set a precedent…are the liberal multimillionaires in New York City going to be treated differently or is this on face value a political decision.
If you have corroborated evidence of similar bank fraud being committed by other individuals in the State of New York the NYAG's office invites you to provide it.
In the meantime Judge Engoron's decision stands.