Don't be dumb

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The reason I went FT was one of our drivers was accused of sexually forcing himself on a customer, and he was fired. Don't know if he did or didn't, but sometimes you don't want to put yourself in a compromising position to be set up. There are people out there who do that. Having said that, I would indeed set stuff inside if I thought it needed to be done. Haha, I had a little old lady on my area. She was old enough to be my grandmother. She was a regular, and received a plate every month from the Bradford exchange. I ran my route the same way every day and I'd come by her house within 10-15 minutes every time. She'd meet me at the door with a mixed drink, wearing a see thru thing, and invite me in. I'd politely decline and say wow, look at the time, I gotta jet! No way I'd set foot in her house. you just can't put yourself in that position. Having said that, if she woulda been say....40 years younger... well..grrrrowwwwwllllllll haha. I just had a flashback of her in that grey nightie. I think I threw up a little bit.:eek:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
She'd meet me at the door with a mixed drink, wearing a see thru thing, and invite me in. I'd politely decline and say wow, look at the time, I gotta jet! No way I'd set foot in her house. you just can't put yourself in that position. Having said that, if she woulda been say....40 years younger... well..grrrrowwwwwllllllll haha. I just had a flashback of her in that grey nightie. I think I threw up a little bit.:eek:

Come on, old ladies need loving too. :)

turdbrown

Those are same customers who say ..." So and so is allways here by 11"...... Lmfao. When 4 or 5 coustomer so tell you that a day on same route something's up.
i hate when you cover someones rt and the custs. say that the other driver p/u at 430, why r u here early??? I tell them that i have the reg drivers pu log any they pu at 4 everyday, but they still want to insist they didn't! bastards!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
What some of the younger guys here are saying is understandable in this new era of lawsuits and the way the world is today its probably right ,,I for one always brought stuff in for mothers with hands full, pregnant mothers ,elderly and etc.. etc.. Old school ways of guys in there late 40;s and 50's who have been here 20 plus yrs will probably agree with me and go that extra mile ,,Upstae being one .....if I went back on Car ,I would still have the same old ways!! Knowing the rte and customers gives you a big advantage of knowing your limitations.....

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What some of the younger guys here are saying is understandable in this new era of lawsuits and the way the world is today its probably right ,,I for one always brought stuff in for mothers with hands full, pregnant mothers ,elderly and etc.. etc.. Old school ways of guys in there late 40;s and 50's who have been here 20 plus yrs will probably agree with me and go that extra mile ,,Upstae being one .....if I went back on Car ,I would still have the same old ways!! Knowing the rte and customers gives you a big advantage of knowing your limitations.....

I don't disagree with you, and when someone's arms are full, or is disabled, or are 8 1/2 months pregnant, I will assist them (especially if it is heavy/oversized)

With that being said, my "beef" with Dave is him belittling anyone who DOESN'T take stuff inside for the older folks. We ARE NOT required to bring anything in for someone. If you choose to, then great, gold star for you. If you choose not to, then you have done your job.

I had helper a few years ago who tried to help everybody put everything in their house. I had to tell him how I deliver, and that if grandma orders a 100 pound refrigerator through UPS, then oh well, she will have to deal with it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If grandma got a sweater from Sears,,I put it in her hand and wish her a good day,,if grandmah gets a mini fridge and she asked me to put it inside ,I would !

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
If grandma was a GILF ,,I would release it in the backdoor !!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1405706177.149810.jpg

Sent using a Potato