Dont come to my state if your a drinker

22.34life

22.34life, count me among those who support red light cameras and credit checks at job interviews. The first keeps us safe by identifying those who seem to have forgotten "red means stop, green means go". The second is simple--if you can handle your finances you can handle this job.
Ill bet you wont feel the same way when those same red light cameras are sending you tickets in the mail for not wearing your seat belt or expired inspection sticker etc.What the hell does handling your finances have to do with moving packages from point a to point b or any job for that matter, my credit score hase absolutly nothing to do with my abilty to perform a function at my job period hence the seperation between personal and professional life,so how about this ,everytime you get in trouble at work it should bring down your credit score,that sounds great doesnt it,because surley if your credit score effects you getting a job your job should effect your credit score right ,makes sense to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ill bet you wont feel the same way when those same red light cameras are sending you tickets in the mail for not wearing your seat belt or expired inspection sticker etc.What the hell does handling your finances have to do with moving packages from point a to point b or any job for that matter, my credit score hase absolutly nothing to do with my abilty to perform a function at my job period hence the seperation between personal and professional life,so how about this ,everytime you get in trouble at work it should bring down your credit score,that sounds great doesnt it,because surley if your credit score effects you getting a job your job should effect your credit score right ,makes sense to me.

I always wear my seat belt--a habit reinforced during my time in the military--and my car is always current on inspection and registration; however, not everyone is as vigilant, which is why our local police will set up random checkpoints to check for current inspection/registration stickers. We have one red light camera and it hasn't worked right since they installed it.

You had better get used to the concept of your credit score impacting your life beyond your personal finances. Landlords are increasingly performing credit checks on prospective tenants. Your car insurance company may check your credit score periodically. Prospective employers may run a credit check to see if an applicant can handle their personal finances, with the thought being that if they can't handle their finances they may not be able to handle the responsiblities of the job that they are applying for. For example, if you have had your electricity turned off for failure to pay your bill, this will reflect poorly on you in relation to other equally qualified applicants who somehow manage to pay their bills on time. I agree that this has little relevance to our job but there are jobs in which it does have relevance. I also agree that what you do or don't do on the job should not affect your credit score.

22.34life

I always wear my seat belt--a habit reinforced during my time in the military--and my car is always current on inspection and registration; however, not everyone is as vigilant, which is why our local police will set up random checkpoints to check for current inspection/registration stickers. We have one red light camera and it hasn't worked right since they installed it.

You had better get used to the concept of your credit score impacting your life beyond your personal finances. Landlords are increasingly performing credit checks on prospective tenants. Your car insurance company may check your credit score periodically. Prospective employers may run a credit check to see if an applicant can handle their personal finances, with the thought being that if they can't handle their finances they may not be able to handle the responsiblities of the job that they are applying for. For example, if you have had your electricity turned off for failure to pay your bill, this will reflect poorly on you in relation to other equally qualified applicants who somehow manage to pay their bills on time. I agree that this has little relevance to our job but there are jobs in which it does have relevance. I also agree that what you do or don't do on the job should not affect your credit score.
even if you apply for a job as an accountant your credit score should not be used against you,i understand that credit is now being used for many things ,and all of them are not what credit scores were intended to be used for.all a credit score is supposed to be used for is the process of lending money thats it,and the fact that its being used for other purposes is a crime and should have some kind of law to stop it.How can you agree that your credit score should not be effected by job performance if you think its right for credit scores to effect wheather you get said job or not .You cant have it both ways, all this stuff hase opened a pandoras box and who knows where it will all end.

klein

Für Meno :)
even if you apply for a job as an accountant your credit score should not be used against you,i understand that credit is now being used for many things ,and all of them are not what credit scores were intended to be used for.all a credit score is supposed to be used for is the process of lending money thats it,and the fact that its being used for other purposes is a crime and should have some kind of law to stop it.How can you agree that your credit score should not be effected by job performance if you think its right for credit scores to effect wheather you get said job or not .You cant have it both ways, all this stuff hase opened a pandoras box and who knows where it will all end.

Gee, in small businesses a good or excellent credit score, may even hurt your application. (if they mandatory checked it).
They (the one and only business owner), might feel more sorry for the single mom, that wants to work, then a married mom using it as a second income, (with an excellent credit score).

Keep it out of the job , period !!!!!!

Gee, in small businesses a good or excellent credit score, may even hurt your application. (if they mandatory checked it).
They (the one and only business owner), might feel more sorry for the single mom, that wants to work, then a married mom using it as a second income, (with an excellent credit score).

Keep it out of the job , period !!!!!!

First it was the subject of drinking,now its the subject of jobs. Thats reason number two to avoid this thread there buddy.