Don't Let Depression Kill You; Let UPS Help

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm going to have to look for this. I always enjoyed the signs that said, "Accidents don't just happen." Made me think of the mafia and their arranged "accidents."

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
i.e.has probably figured that its cheaper for them to just kill us then to treat us for depression

im sure there is a report for it somewhere

stealth8

I know you guys are just joking around with this, but depression is no laughing matter. My wife lost her job over a year ago and at the same time lost her best friend to breast cancer, she sank into a deep depression that lasted for almost 1o months. It was without a doubt the scariest time of our lives as she ended up being hospitalized for 10 days. We could not have made it through without the help of the MHN group that is provided to us in our benefits package. These people are truly amazing to work, with and I thank God they were there to help us through that difficult time. The poster is there to remind people that there is someone waiting and available to help you if you or a loved one feels as though they are becoming overcome with life. I hope that nobody has to go through what we experienced last year, but it is comforting to know help is available. Stealth8

Good post stealth8, clinical depression is nothing to mess around with. I'm glad to hear that you and your wife have gotten help with what could be a catastrophic disaster.

I don't think anyone was really making light of depression, but of UPS for their choice of wording on signs. You have to admit that many of them are pretty lame. The program intended to help with these issues is probably the one thing that says UPS may actually give a damn about employees and their families. Most companies of any size have like programs [rovided through their group insurance.
I'm not a depressive type of person, but there are a few people that I am very close to that struggle with this often decapitating illness and it isn't easy to deal with.
I hope you have seen the last of depression in your loved ones.

Trp, I think you meant to say debillitating rather than decapitating. Depression is certainly nothing to joke about but nothing to lose one's head over.
Actually I unintentionally tried to make up a new word from incapacitating and debilitating and when I spell checked didn't really look at the results. My bad and apologies. Thanks for pointing that out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually I unintentionally tried to make up a new word from incapacitating and debilitating and when I spell checked didn't really look at the results. My bad and apologies. Thanks for pointing that out.

I admit when I first typed debillitating I also had to spell check it as it just didn't look right.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Good post stealth8, clinical depression is nothing to mess around with. I'm glad to hear that you and your wife have gotten help with what could be a catastrophic disaster.

I don't think anyone was really making light of depression, but of UPS for their choice of wording on signs. You have to admit that many of them are pretty lame. The program intended to help with these issues is probably the one thing that says UPS may actually give a damn about employees and their families. Most companies of any size have like programs [rovided through their group insurance.
I'm not a depressive type of person, but there are a few people that I am very close to that struggle with this often decapitating illness and it isn't easy to deal with.
I hope you have seen the last of depression in your loved ones.
No depression is not a joke, but the sign is funny.
My sons father fought it for years. and he couldnt find the right mix to help him, he took his life last month. So it is not funny. I have family members who fight it, and I think the meds are very hard on you. There is a big difference between being depressed and having a chemical imbalance, and it is as real as cancer, or diabetes, a real disease. Im glad people are starting to understand that.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
LOL, yeah maybe you shouldn't go there again so soon!!!

Can't help myself. Here goes. Depression in most cases is nothing but a free pass to avoid the pressures of life. I would love to curl up in a blanket all day and hide. Job, wife and kids prevent that. Bring it on!

Nimnim

The Nim
Can't help myself. Here goes. Depression in most cases is nothing but a free pass to avoid the pressures of life. I would love to curl up in a blanket all day and hide. Job, wife and kids prevent that. Bring it on!

Yeah, I'm just going to say the only thing that will really save you when you ask for it is there's a limit on how often people can rep the same person.

DS

Fenderbender
Living up to your name again I see in your glass half empty world.
We could arrange a name change that you could live up to that would not always be in bad taste.
how about mellowman or banmeman?