Don't vote yes unless UPS pays you $1000.00

A

anonymous6

Latest contract news...Local 89 is recommending a No Vote on the contract and the Air Rider which covers Worldport, the company's worldwide air hub.So the company is offering a one-time $1,000 bonus for all 9,300 UPS Teamsters in Lousiville. $9.3 million sounds like a costly bribe, but to UPS this is chump change to sell a cheap contract.
Management's Cover Story
Local 89 has demanded, in line with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, that workers be paid for the time waiting for UPS's shuttle and travel on it.
In today's PCM, managers read a script which states that the $1,000 is "payable to all Local 89-represented employees who are eligible to vote on the contract," and they call it a "Shuttle Incentive."

So don't you vote yes unless they offer you an incentive either. IN SOLIDARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over the 5 year contract I would take $25,000. seriously , I wouldn't take anything to change my vote because it would be wrong.

A

anonymous6

a blind man could see this.

the company must be scared if they are willing to pay this. it's time to put the screws to them.

J

jibbs

$1000, $20 at a time? Lol, it'd take just over a year for an employee to see the full sum.

Looks great in written word but in actuality it's just throwing the dog a bone to get him to stop barking. A tiny, super-flavored bone that gets the dog all excited initially but leaves him feeling cheated in the end.

Personally, I don't stop barking until the threat's gone, or at the very least diminished.

Err..... woof?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
That $1k is for people getting paid waiting for the next shuttle to arrive. I agree they should be compensated. They should be compensated on the clock though and not in a backwards way like this. You know the company would save a bundle of money on this. Anywho, I did my duty. No, No, Yes. Our local is actually better than the last one. We use to have to refer to our rider agreement for our pension stuff, but we finally have our own numbers and they're decidedly better.

UPS Preloader

That $1k is for people getting paid waiting for the next shuttle to arrive. I agree they should be compensated. They should be compensated on the clock though and not in a backwards way like this. You know the company would save a bundle of money on this. Anywho, I did my duty. No, No, Yes. Our local is actually better than the last one. We use to have to refer to our rider agreement for our pension stuff, but we finally have our own numbers and they're decidedly better.

Did you check the address on the return envelope?

Latest contract news...Local 89 is recommending a No Vote on the contract and the Air Rider which covers Worldport, the company's worldwide air hub.So the company is offering a one-time $1,000 bonus for all 9,300 UPS Teamsters in Lousiville. $9.3 million sounds like a costly bribe, but to UPS this is chump change to sell a cheap contract.
Management's Cover Story
Local 89 has demanded, in line with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, that workers be paid for the time waiting for UPS's shuttle and travel on it.
In today's PCM, managers read a script which states that the $1,000 is "payable to all Local 89-represented employees who are eligible to vote on the contract," and they call it a "Shuttle Incentive."

So don't you vote yes unless they offer you an incentive either. IN SOLIDARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The thousand bucks is for the time spent commuting on the shuttle. I can't stand uninformed posters like yourself. You have thirty years right. Thirty years hiding while guys like me clean up your mess. Guys like you hide behind guys like me and spread TDU negitivity. Do you have to be shuttled to your work area asslicker??? Nope. You are a troll who has never stood up for union duty a d you like to insight panic because you are a thirty year part time career guy. Get ready for your deductible son.

A

anonymous6

The thousand bucks is for the time spent commuting on the shuttle. I can't stand uninformed posters like yourself. You have thirty years right. Thirty years hiding while guys like me clean up your mess. Guys like you hide behind guys like me and spread TDU negitivity. Do you have to be shuttled to your work area asslicker??? Nope. You are a troll who has never stood up for union duty a d you like to insight panic because you are a thirty year part time career guy. Get ready for your deductible son.

if that's true , why wasn't that written into the contract???? if the company wants Teamsters to vote yes, then they should of offered a better contract offer. Hall and Hoffa fumbled the ball on this issue TOO!