Siveriano

They told us about this In the pcm today. All the drivers coming tomorrow saturday will have to drive their trucks
It's only in effect until Jan 14....
This was mentioned in all PCM's in local 804 today...you should have paid attention.
On our PCM they told us its already in effect.
Last saturday they got a whole bunch of SUPs just to be our drivers while we were the "helper". i was in the jump seat for 5 hours but with this 70/8 our manager told us that we will be our own drivers tomorrow.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Funny some of you guys think 60 hours a week is a lot. You've had it good for too long. Until I became a driver, it was always 2 jobs 60 hrs a week year after year after year just to get by. Same for lots of people out there.
Boo-hoo-kachoo-whoop-dee-fxxing-doo.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Funny some of you guys think 60 hours a week is a lot. You've had it good for too long. Until I became a driver, it was always 2 jobs 60 hrs a week year after year after year just to get by. Same for lots of people out there.

When your making 15 bucks an hour, working 60 hours on two jobs is a great work ethic.
But when you're getting paid almost 35/hr, you can live comfortably and have nice things on 40 hours a week.

There's a big difference in wanting 30 hours of OT or being forced to take 30 hours OT.
Life is too short. (i know...i know... work a lot now, retire earlier) lol

BUCN85

I don't understand why they are getting so uptight about being out 11 hrs and god forbid 12. If you dispatch a route to the point where it takes 11 hr to get done. Don't demand it to be done in 9. I thought we were allowed to work 14 in a day

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I don't understand why they are getting so uptight about being out 11 hrs and god forbid 12. If you dispatch a route to the point where it takes 11 hr to get done. Don't demand it to be done in 9. I thought we were allowed to work 14 in a day
I was between 13 and 14 hours three days this week. My management team doesn't seem to care if I'm out delivering past 10pm. Ran out of hours on Friday, worked under 8 hours and had some guaranteed pay.

BUCN85

I was between 13 and 14 hours three days this week. My management team doesn't seem to care if I'm out delivering past 10pm. Ran out of hours on Friday, worked under 8 hours and had some guaranteed pay.
Not here it's like no matter what your dispatch is your not our allowed past 8 and your told you have to be in and need to pick up the pace to do so.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not here it's like no matter what your dispatch is your not our allowed past 8 and your told you have to be in and need to pick up the pace to do so.
Management can tell me whatever their flavor of the day is. My pace is the same in December as it is any other month of the year. If they instruct me to be done in 8 hours I put the ball in their court and ask what should be done with the undelivered parcels.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Package guys delivering after 8pm is a recipe for disaster. Walking up to peoples houses dressed all dark like a burglar....
Some guy told me if I ever came to his house past 7 he would "friend'ing kill me" I said don't worry no ups employees will ever show up to your house again I promise

dudebro

Just because lots of people do it to survive, doesn't mean it's good. I've worked over 60 in a week plenty, but I'd rather not, and I don't blame anyone here for not wanting to either.

JL 0513

Just because lots of people do it to survive, doesn't mean it's good. I've worked over 60 in a week plenty, but I'd rather not, and I don't blame anyone here for not wanting to either.

Not saying it's fun, just that it's not unreasonable to have to do it for a company that does tremendous volume for a 4 week period out of the year.

davidix

If it was up to me I would work 40 hours a week and spend more time at home. I'm ok with 60 hours a few weeks here and there but that's it. It's important to also have a life outside work.