DOT physical

born2Bwild

can you go to any clinic for a DOT or has to a company designated clinic? The clinic that we go to they play with Bp numbers. I went to my doctor beforehand and it was normal, I use a bp machine that takes the average of 3 and it show elevated at worst, but last time I went, the nurse checked it manually and said my bp was high I was surprised and became anxious I showed her on an app the history of my bp including that morning that it was normal to elevated she lay me down for 10 minutes and a DIFFERENT nurse came and checked it and said it was normal.

Trucker Clock

can you go to any clinic for a DOT or has to a company designated clinic? The clinic that we go to they play with Bp numbers. I went to my doctor beforehand and it was normal, I use a bp machine that takes the average of 3 and it show elevated at worst, but last time I went, the nurse checked it manually and said my bp was high I was surprised and became anxious I showed her on an app the history of my bp including that morning that it was normal to elevated she lay me down for 10 minutes and a DIFFERENT nurse came and checked it and said it was normal.

You can use any FMCSA certified medical examiner. If you use a Company designated clinic, you will not see any billing for it. They bill UPS directly. If you use someone else, you may have to pay them and then get reimbursed for it.

You also realize that it is normal for your BP to be elevated after walking, or when stressed, or when in a doctors office? It's sometimes called white coat syndrome.

You are relaxed at home or with your personal physician. But a little stressed and nervous at a clinic that could revoke your ability to work.

Your BP should be taken after at least 5 minutes of quiet relaxation. That is what they did, and you were normal. If your BP doesn't go down after rest, then you have high BP.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had white coat syndrome. My PCP knew about it from my yearly visits there. She gave me a handful of sample drugs to take before my physical. Calmed me down enough to show my everyday numbers.