DOT physical

born2Bwild

can you go to any clinic for a DOT or has to a company designated clinic? The clinic that we go to they play with Bp numbers. I went to my doctor beforehand and it was normal, I use a bp machine that takes the average of 3 and it show elevated at worst, but last time I went, the nurse checked it manually and said my bp was high I was surprised and became anxious I showed her on an app the history of my bp including that morning that it was normal to elevated she lay me down for 10 minutes and a DIFFERENT nurse came and checked it and said it was normal.

Trucker Clock

can you go to any clinic for a DOT or has to a company designated clinic? The clinic that we go to they play with Bp numbers. I went to my doctor beforehand and it was normal, I use a bp machine that takes the average of 3 and it show elevated at worst, but last time I went, the nurse checked it manually and said my bp was high I was surprised and became anxious I showed her on an app the history of my bp including that morning that it was normal to elevated she lay me down for 10 minutes and a DIFFERENT nurse came and checked it and said it was normal.

You can use any FMCSA certified medical examiner. If you use a Company designated clinic, you will not see any billing for it. They bill UPS directly. If you use someone else, you may have to pay them and then get reimbursed for it.

You also realize that it is normal for your BP to be elevated after walking, or when stressed, or when in a doctors office? It's sometimes called white coat syndrome.

You are relaxed at home or with your personal physician. But a little stressed and nervous at a clinic that could revoke your ability to work.

Your BP should be taken after at least 5 minutes of quiet relaxation. That is what they did, and you were normal. If your BP doesn't go down after rest, then you have high BP.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had white coat syndrome. My PCP knew about it from my yearly visits there. She gave me a handful of sample drugs to take before my physical. Calmed me down enough to show my everyday numbers.

Ruderegime

I have pvc's, and never had a problem getting my DOT card. I now have a Dr making me get paperwork from my cardiologist for my next physical, she only gave me a 3-month card until I return the paperwork. She has a hard-on for me. Being a bitch the whole physical. I wonder if I go to a different location if they keep meticulous records. I've already seen psycho twice and she just being a bitch. Like I said I've never had to show paperwork before? I wonder if I go to a different location they'll just give me a year card cuz I used to take medication for pvc's, and only get one year cards

Johney

I have pvc's, and never had a problem getting my DOT card. I now have a Dr making me get paperwork from my cardiologist for my next physical, she only gave me a 3-month card until I return the paperwork. She has a hard-on for me. Being a bitch the whole physical. I wonder if I go to a different location if they keep meticulous records. I've already seen psycho twice and she just being a bitch. Like I said I've never had to show paperwork before? I wonder if I go to a different location they'll just give me a year card cuz I used to take medication for pvc's, and only get one year cards
Not sure where you are but there was only a couple of place UPS used to do their DOT physical’s here.

ToteHoarder

Ahh I see. I was just thinking about this because I took an option day today to go get my physical done. I got to thinking what’s to stop someone from just printing their own card out at home and showing it to their boss? There’s no database for this like your license, it’s essentially a doctors note. I suppose it could come back to bite you if something happens while driving, like a heart attack and they check up on the doctor that signed off on the DOT card, then find out that doctor never saw you.

When someone finds out you’ve forged a federal document you’ll be facing federal prison time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What’s a “pvc”

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had a place right near the building where they just pretty much waved you through if you had a pulse, that's where I always went.