dow 24000

newfie

I think the weed market will open the door for others since the rich it's trying to steal that market is going to change the stock market game, I think for the best.

ok so you're saying the black men in the picture discussing the stock market are actually selling dope?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
ok so you're saying the black men in the picture discussing the stock market are actually selling dope?
1610945069514.png
...Do you think he selling purell?
1610945188333.png

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Now if I see a picture of you and Indensicion in front of the Motel room door, I will guess somehow you guys are going to be discussing business!
1610945981285.png

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
just wondering even thou dow is at record levels if it is still a bargain? if the covid did not hit would we be closer to 36000 or more? we have a lot of cash on the sidelines waiting for a correction but maybe it is already here.

still gonna wait but have been contemplating going back to dollar cost averaging just going into the market slowly every month. our 401k and IRA's have been doing extremely well the last couple years. wont touch them until maybe age 72.

but this cash sitting in the bank only making 1-2% ( fixed from a couple years back ) is bothering me. real estate is almost topped out so that is a no go.

I know you should have about 6-12 months of cash for emergencies but we have almost 10 times that. perhaps blue chips for dividends?
we only use Vanguard Index Funds.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
just wondering even thou dow is at record levels if it is still a bargain? if the covid did not hit would we be closer to 36000 or more? we have a lot of cash on the sidelines waiting for a correction but maybe it is already here.

still gonna wait but have been contemplating going back to dollar cost averaging just going into the market slowly every month. our 401k and IRA's have been doing extremely well the last couple years. wont touch them until maybe age 72.

but this cash sitting in the bank only making 1-2% ( fixed from a couple years back ) is bothering me. real estate is almost topped out so that is a no go.

I know you should have about 6-12 months of cash for emergencies but we have almost 10 times that. perhaps blue chips for dividends?
A lot of risk upside in the next 6 months seems to be the consensus.
Maybe a couple more months of linear increase.
I'm sitting 60% in cash right now and the other 40% includes some hedges.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When a market was crashing I was all in I dug up every nickel and dime I could afford to put in there because I knew it was buying opportunity.
It paid off very nicely, now I don't want to lose it all.
I'm not wanting to say this sky is falling but the Down side potential right now way out ways the upside potential right now IMJO

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There's never a bad time to get in the market. If you're looking for yield with Vanguard try VHYAX.
Before i came back here i just invested in this fund for the first time ( all my funds are admiral ). excellent performance and low cost.
also put some into my existing s&p500 vanguard acct.

gonna do this every month.

I don't shy away and I don't panic
When the market bottom. March and scraped up all the nickels and dimes I could.
But right now I honestly feel that the market is way overpriced and the bond market is not a safe place to put your money in because the long-term rates are going up and you really going to get killed on that too.

If you told me in March what my portfolio would look like now out of told you you're absolutely freaking crazy

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Before i came back here i just invested in this fund for the first time ( all my funds are admiral ). excellent performance and low cost.
also put some into my existing s&p500 vanguard acct.

gonna do this every month.
If you look at the holdings it's a lot more value-oriented than the S&P 500, and a lot of people seem to think that value might be the place to be.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
If you look at the holdings it's a lot more value-oriented than the S&P 500, and a lot of people seem to think that value might be the place to be.
Value and dividends (reinvested) is where mine mostly goes.
Nothing like a steady quarterly dividend that gives you a sense of security in a stock.

Up In Smoke

If all you ever do is take long positions and try to time the market as when to buy more, your only investing in 1/3 of the market. The Dow is where it is because of tax cuts, stimulus and the promise of more stimulus. The government has pumped 9ish trillion dollars into the market (economy) over the last 3 years. Debt has gone from 80% of GDP to 130% over the same time. The Fed has been rendered useless and the dollar has been hollowed out. If this administration continues to spend, spend and spend the market will do fine (5%-10%) swings. If this administration decides to be fiscally more responsible than the last, of course, higher taxes and lower profits will result. You can only put everything on a credit card for so long before you have to pay the bill. People like to say we had the greatest economy before the virus, but look at how we got here, We had sub 3% growth to GDP while added trillions to our debt. smh