DQ’d On Day 24

Bob Saget

Hey all,
Got DQ’d. Running a consistent 30 minutes over, and was accused of stuffing packages that were nowhere to be found in my car. This was probably those most financially straining time due to not working for weeks at a time. I was offered a spot on preload or to be a driver helper on peak. My issue is if I do go into qualification again I have no idea how I’m going to pay the bills. And if I preload that’s sure not going to pay the bills. What do you guys think? Stick it out of GTFO? The regional sup has a target painted on my back and will do everything in his power to derail qualification. I don’t know what the guy has against me but seems like every living soul in that hub, inculding the driver sup hates the dudes guts. Part of me was halfway relieved that this happened, I can actually get a steady job again, with steady paychecks and no more calling every single morning asking whether or not I’m working. Have any of you folks gone through something like this? What’d you do? Thanks!

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Hey all,
Got DQ’d. Running a consistent 30 minutes over, and was accused of stuffing packages that were nowhere to be found in my car. This was probably those most financially straining time due to not working for weeks at a time. I was offered a spot on preload or to be a driver helper on peak. My issue is if I do go into qualification again I have no idea how I’m going to pay the bills. And if I preload that’s sure not going to pay the bills. What do you guys think? Stick it out of GTFO? The regional sup has a target painted on my back and will do everything in his power to derail qualification. I don’t know what the guy has against me but seems like every living soul in that hub, inculding the driver sup hates the dudes guts. Part of me was halfway relieved that this happened, I can actually get a steady job again, with steady paychecks and no more calling every single morning asking whether or not I’m working. Have any of you folks gone through something like this? What’d you do? Thanks!

They cant just dq you without proof that you were stealing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They cant just dq you without proof that you were stealing.

From what I could tell from reading his poorly written post was that he was accused of trying to hide send agains in his pickup pieces, not stealing packages. Sounds like they did a check in audit and found them in the load. They may have also salted the load by tossing an empty box with a generic label to see if he would either sheet it or call it in as a misload.

To the OP: I am willing to bet that the DM has no clue who you are and that this "vendetta" is simply your way of rationalizing your poor performance. No one is "out to get you"----this job is simply not for you. Do not go on the preload or become a driver helper.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Theregional sup has a target painted onmy back and will do everything inhis power to derail qualification. I

You’re answer appears to be right here ^^^^

Zowert

Move on. Find a less stressful and labor intensive job. Having idiots race around you in multi ton death machines all day is not fun.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hey all,

Aren't you the guy who, just a few weeks ago, was counseled twice for leaving air on the truck or missing packages? I'm surprised you made it this far after that.

As for your manager having it out for you, it sounds like you did yourself in. I would use this as a learning experience and run as fast as you can from UPS. This just doesn't seem to be your cup o' tea.

Bob Saget

From what I could tell from reading his poorly written post was that he was accused of trying to hide send agains in his pickup pieces, not stealing packages. Sounds like they did a check in audit and found them in the load. They may have also salted the load by tossing an empty box with a generic label to see if he would either sheet it or call it in as a misload.

To the OP: I am willing to bet that the DM has no clue who you are and that this "vendetta" is simply your way of rationalizing your poor performance. No one is "out to get you"----this job is simply not for you. Do not go on the preload or become a driver helper.
While I agree with you about the sheeting errors, the manager having it out for me is very real. Family memeber of mine who also works for UPS butts heads with the guy all the time. Shouting matches, getting in each other’s face etc.
However, I think I’ll just go back to med school.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While I agree with you about the sheeting errors, the manager having it out for me is very real. Family memeber of mine who also works for UPS butts heads with the guy all the time. Shouting matches, getting in each other’s face etc.
However, I think I’ll just go back to med school.

Sheeting errors can be overlooked-----intentionally not sheeting and/or calling in a misload cannot.

Med school? You can't hack working at UPS but you want to devote the next 8 years of your life to med school and residency??

Bob Saget

Sheeting errors can be overlooked-----intentionally not sheeting and/or calling in a misload cannot.

Med school? You can't hack working at UPS but you want to devote the next 8 years of your life to med school and residency??
Yeppers, doctors run in my family- The med field makes sense to me, the shipping field, not so much.

Air Recovery

Honestly Bob, if you miss a commit in my building it is an instantaneous DQ no matter who likes you however much. We had a new driver recently on Qual DQ because he couldnt find an air on his truck (it was later found misloaded onto a different pc)

They can DQ a driver for anything they want.... they don't need a reason.
In a RTW state the company must have a valid reason to DQ a new driver. Otherwise it could be considered discrimination. We have had several drivers that were DQed take it to the Union and were either qualified or given another 30 days

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Honestly Bob, if you miss a commit in my building it is an instantaneous DQ no matter who likes you however much. We had a new driver recently on Qual DQ because he couldnt find an air on his truck (it was later found misloaded onto a different pc)
This company is so stupid, I could not imagine the turnover if we did not have a union contract detailing the cardinal sins. They scare away all the good employees in qualification and somehow the ones that are left are even worse than the last batch!