DRA VS EFFICIENC

!Retired!

What was wrong with the way it has been done before DRA?
Nothing. But, the purpose of DRA (not that it's been working out that way) is to run the route more efficiently. In a PURE residential route, it does a pretty good job. Yes, someone CAN probably run it better/faster. But, someone who's never been in the area CAN run it.
We had a couple of new streets that wasn't showing up on maps last week so I showed them where the streets needed to be and they added them to our maps.
I'm talking about streets/complexes that have been there for years.

P

prodriver

Nothing. But, the purpose of DRA (not that it's been working out that way) is to run the route more efficiently. In a PURE residential route, it does a pretty good job. Yes, someone CAN probably run it better/faster. But, someone who's never been in the area CAN run it.

I'm talking about streets/complexes that have been there for years.

Our maps will do the same thing on some streets until they go in and fix it with a few clicks here and there after they do that its usually ok.

hypo hanna

I don't ever seeing it working for express unless there are major changes in both the structure of the operation and the commitments made to the customers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't ever seeing it working for express unless there are major changes in both the structure of the operation and the commitments made to the customers.

Bingo. It works for Ground/HD because they straightline. Express does not, except for a few pure delivery routes, which are rare. DRA will never work as intended. One of the early R1a theories was that they would have pure PT pickup drivers and pure PT delivery drivers, which I think was the plan. However, the massive turnover and dysfunction at Express has prevented that from happening.

hypo hanna

Bingo. It works for Ground/HD because they straightline. Express does not, except for a few pure delivery routes, which are rare. DRA will never work as intended. One of the early R1a theories was that they would have pure PT pickup drivers and pure PT delivery drivers, which I think was the plan. However, the massive turnover and dysfunction at Express has prevented that from happening.
And all of those extra employees, trucks and support staff would soak up any profits gained by the program itself. It also would make service that much more vulnerable to things like weather, traffic and breakdown delays.

STFXG

Eventually the technology and programming will be there to where the route planning will update on the fly to meet time restraints. This program is the long play. You're all being short sighted.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hypo hanna

Eventually the technology and programming will be there to where the route planning will update on the fly to meet time restraints. This program is the long play. You're all being short sighted.

Sent using BrownCafe App
About the same time computers become self aware.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sent using BrownCafe App

The "long play" is inherently defective. The fact that you don't understand Express operations prevents you from seeing reality. You are the short-sighted one.

STFXG

The "long play" is inherently defective. The fact that you don't understand Express operations prevents you from seeing reality. You are the short-sighted one.
It's not defective it is being built. New technology takes time and experimentation. You're the guinea pigs. And you're being treated as such.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HomeDelivery

ah, that's UPS's Orion right now...

fedex's DRA is more like UPS's EDD or whatever you call it in brownie-land

sorry Mr FX, some routes at Ground, you can't "straightline." it all depends on their pickup times as well

HD can straightline everyday :)