DRA

It will be fine

No, they hate it because it's resulting in much more productivity and CAIN'T NOBODY KNOW HOW TO RUN MAH ROUTE GOODER THAN I DO 'SPECIALLY NO KOMPUTOR!!!
If it creates solutions like our DRO it won’t result in higher productivity. It puts multiple trucks on the same residential block. It’s split the same stop between 2 trucks for some reason. The programming is bad.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No, they hate it because it's resulting in much more productivity and CAIN'T NOBODY KNOW HOW TO RUN MAH ROUTE GOODER THAN I DO 'SPECIALLY NO KOMPUTOR!!!
Well..... I am yet to see a computer that has. At least I know not to give two stops on the same street to two different drivers. I also know better than to deliver a package to a store, deliver blocks away, then come back to deliver NEXT DOOR to the store I just delivered to. Or bypass a stop on the right hand side of a 6 lane road with a median in the middle, make a uturn, deliver a pkg, drive a short way, make another uturn to deliver that package on the right, followed by a looong wait for a light for a left turn. DRA doesn’t know better.

AB831

You’re projecting. Normal people don’t care about being right all the time. They care about whatever makes sense and gets them off the clock. Sounds like another FedEx train wreck

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If it creates solutions like our DRO it won’t result in higher productivity. It puts multiple trucks on the same residential block. It’s split the same stop between 2 trucks for some reason. The programming is bad.

That was ROADS/DRA and this one has already shown itself to be miles ahead of that old crap.

DeliveryException

I like the DRA maps. Don't get me wrong, the order it puts them in stinks and the way it sometimes puts 2 of us in the same apartment complex is crazy. I just use it for an overview of the route and I change stop order to what works best.

59 Dano

You’re projecting. Normal people don’t care about being right all the time.

Please. "Normal people" at Express would argue that they shouldn't have to take a stop because they have never had to take that stop before, regardless of the reasoning or need for them to take the stop.

Nolimitz

after 5 years 1/2 our station is still SRA because DRA is junk. cant even handle a vertical office bldg. Spend mo on software that will never work as intended. Great plan.

AB831

Please. "Normal people" at Express would argue that they shouldn't have to take a stop because they have never had to take that stop before, regardless of the reasoning or need for them to take the stop.
Oh well. Dealing with that was the job you signed up for. Get over it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They don't hate it as much as they do the tailspin the company is in due to management incompetence. Especially when management pats itself on the back with a nice bonus.

bbsam

Staff member
No. It really does suck. Doesn’t matter how much the company says differently. It really sucks.

falcon back

I have to laugh at couriers who shy away from stops because "they have never been there"
There was a time the other couriers "had never been there" but they survived the ordeal.

59 Dano

It's not the computers that suck, it's the people that develop these programs that suck. FedEx has always tried to use Apple and Google rejects on the cheap to develop these programs.

UPS will tell you that theirs sucks, too.

Where are all of these geniuses that develop all the awesome programs that no delivery company has yet to be able to find?

It will be fine

UPS will tell you that theirs sucks, too.

Where are all of these geniuses that develop all the awesome programs that no delivery company has yet to be able to find?
That’s the issue. I don’t think any software can do a better job of route balancing or routing than a decently trained and experienced human. Software can do a passable job at both but I haven’t seen any software that takes into account all the factors needed. The “best” solution at 3 am before the sort won’t be the best by noon. Balancing requires knowledge of the personnel. Routing needs to be adaptive all day. Neither of those are available in any software I’ve seen. GroundCloud lets the driver reroute himself during the day but the driver needs some knowledge to know when to do that.