The new plan,pt do p1

MassWineGuy

I find the Leo units to have excellent battery life. A full charge lasts beyond my shift. We have these awkward metal charger stands in FedEx vehicles.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Crazy, right? It’s a federal holiday. You would think their contractor would give them the day off.
I don't know this lady. Only seen her in passing when I leave for work or she drops something. Ground or HD, she must have a real S*y contractor as every time I see her, she runs from one house to another and speeds off. She legit runs! I keep thinking one of these days she will make small talk so I can ask her whats the deal with her contractor.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't know this lady. Only seen her in passing when I leave for work or she drops something. Ground or HD, she must have a real S*y contractor as every time I see her, she runs from one house to another and speeds off. She legit runs! I keep thinking one of these days she will make small talk so I can ask her whats the deal with her contractor.
She’s probably getting paid per day and not per hour, hence the running.

Guitarman01

Yea my Leo one day had the wrong address on the leo, but the right one on the pkg, so Im spending all this time looking for a pkg with that address on it that didnt exist. Luckily it wasnt far from where I was.
Also we seem to get "missing data" on the leo where it just shows the tracking number so you have to physically look through all your pkgs to see where it is going, which Im sure would be real cool if you had a couple hundred pkgs to look through.
Also a couple days I had to manually put in the tracking number from a pkg off the belt, the scanner wouldnt even add it to my deliveries, which again if you were loading a bunch of pkgs in your van and didnt notice this, it could really screw you up later on, unless it would show up as a missing van scan.

Last edited:

Guitarman01

The funny thing is I think the company thought that this technology was going to be the “magic” that was going to allow them to hire less-intelligent and less-expensive couriers. All the DEX 84s and RDL/WDL packages are going to eat up any cost savings that a low-paid new hire gave the company.

I don’t think a single driver hired in my station in the last 3-4 years could set up or deliver their regular route without their phone or the Leo map. I’m talking regular driver, not swings. My loop partner can’t even set up her P1 without the map, and she’s been on her route for over 2 years 😑
I use circuit, all the swings I know use circuit. Everytime ive compared it to the manifests or roads stop sequence ive been on par or have beaten it. I only get a manifest on Saturdays (which that stop seq doesnt even make sense on it) and also the one time I filled in during the week and that route actually came with paper maps with the little dots for stop sequence. Middays get nothing, I could see why some would quit if you werent tech savvy.
Idk what I would do without circuit or google maps, I could look at the leo map but it would be alot slower.
Plus we are covering multiple routes. I have the same street names in different cities even.
Also im not sure how good the actual leo's stop sequence is?
I know it doesnt account for the midday start time, we would miss all the businesses.

McFeely

Huge Member
How is that even possible? I start at noon and I'm back around 8 most days. 12 to 14 hrs would put me at midnight to 2am lol. Are these guys starting alot earlier? Or are you talking about the am?

I would say that 50% of our am drivers are at 10-11 hours daily. The rest are 9-10. All of our Wave 2 drivers are between 7-8 daily.

Working4the1%

How is that even possible? I start at noon and I'm back around 8 most days. 12 to 14 hrs would put me at midnight to 2am lol. Are these guys starting alot earlier? Or are you talking about the am?
Some stations have no midday to run routes. So go out. Comeback. Go out again. Start 7 am leave 9pm. Repeat daily. Of course some just give up and bring it in when they fell like it. We need a hazmat dumpster for all the rotting meat and fish. We had mother day flowers a week after. Del flowers rotten. Customer orders again. We del late again rotten. Repeat. The Worst I’ve ever seen it in my career

Guitarman01

Some stations have no midday to run routes. So go out. Comeback. Go out again. Start 7 am leave 9pm. Repeat daily. Of course some just give up and bring it in when they fell like it. We need a hazmat dumpster for all the rotting meat and fish. We had mother day flowers a week after. Del flowers rotten. Customer orders again. We del late again rotten. Repeat. The Worst I’ve ever seen it in my career
Yea thats pretty rough. I believe we had a few swing drivers covering our routes until we got through driver training. All in all I was a little surprised by the SS (figure out that acronym lol) for being such a major company. I will say though driver wise, this still might beat brown, ground, the post office and amazon when it comes to a desirable driver job. Brown gets paid alot but look at their trucks and work load compared to Express. We drive mercedes, they dont even have a/c and those rides are rough in those straight trucks or pkg cars, that can beat you up in itself.

Last edited: