DRA

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That’s the issue. I don’t think any software can do a better job of route balancing or routing than a decently trained and experienced human. Software can do a passable job at both but I haven’t seen any software that takes into account all the factors needed. The “best” solution at 3 am before the sort won’t be the best by noon. Balancing requires knowledge of the personnel. Routing needs to be adaptive all day. Neither of those are available in any software I’ve seen. GroundCloud lets the driver reroute himself during the day but the driver needs some knowledge to know when to do that.

I don't dispute any of that, but the initial results are increased productivity. The word is that it will be upgraded to be adaptive; it will re-order stops if pickups come in or if the courier runs a stop out of order.

It will be fine

I don't dispute any of that, but the initial results are increased productivity. The word is that it will be upgraded to be adaptive; it will re-order stops if pickups come in or if the courier runs a stop out of order.
Sounds nice. Management told us DRO increased efficiency by 30% in the stations it was piloted in. It does not do that. Is the express system going to run on the scanners?

AB831

Well considering FedEx is wrong close to 100% of the time, I’ll take their vote of confidence to mean that it’s terrible.

Whither

Scofflaw
Word at UPS is the company has plans to make our delightful ORION dispatch adaptive too. Which, as a driver, sounds like the board will become an endless shifting puzzle. You gotta love it. The technology to make things 'easier' adds further complications and, of course -- the real goal -- adds more stops.

MAKAVELI

Word at UPS is the company has plans to make our delightful ORION dispatch adaptive too. Which, as a driver, sounds like the board will become an endless shifting puzzle. You gotta love it. The technology to make things 'easier' adds further complications and, of course -- the real goal -- adds more stops.
That's why you guys get paid the big bucks. Lol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sounds nice. Management told us DRO increased efficiency by 30% in the stations it was piloted in. It does not do that. Is the express system going to run on the scanners?

I think so, but don't know. You'd think it would have to for the sequencing to be dynamic.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
SSRA is the transition vehicle here. You can imagine the driver translations. :censored2:ShowRoutingAssistant is the best I've seen so far.

Star B

White Lightening
We have docking stations in our trucks, but no LEOs. At least, for once, I can't say that they weren't thinking ahead.
I find the docks are great for holding your cell phone.

We had SSRA for like, two weeks. They didn't tell us about it, just randomly the SRA routes were sequenced.... badly. They couldn't figure it out so it's abandoned now.

SmithBarney

We have your docking stations! Been in the trucks for almost a year, with no LEO, etc.

Typical of FedEx—cart before the horse.
our LEO devices and other installation stuff has been piled in a corner of the warehouse for at least 2 months... we also have a stack of CSA iPads

It will be fine

So is the expectation you guys will be following a route displayed on the scanner screen in a vehicle mount? That’s a bad idea, it’s why I use iPads for routing instead of driver’s phones. Phone/scanner screens are too small, less safe.

Nolimitz

So is the expectation you guys will be following a route displayed on the scanner screen in a vehicle mount? That’s a bad idea, it’s why I use iPads for routing instead of driver’s phones. Phone/scanner screens are too small, less safe.
that's the FedEx plan alright!

McFeely

Huge Member

I have yet to have anyone in management tell me that I need to follow a sequence from the Leo (or DRA). I set up my truck and run my route in the order I choose and have the entire time I’ve been with Express.