The new plan,pt do p1

Guitarman01

And in that situation ALWAYS deliver there in daylight. Never risk it in the dark.
That might be easier said then done on the midday come wintertime.
I have the ghetto side of town I have to run first (theres no way im going there after dark)
then jet to hit businesses and then hit the country and then come back to civilization to finish resi's.
Thats the plan anyways, but that could all get blown out with peak.
I think alot are wondering though if this experiment will still even exist come peak.

Guitarman01

My worst driving is inside the building. The guy who parks the vehicles at night gave me a great tip.

When you drive inside, pull up a vehicle length ahead of the empty spot, keeping close to the fronts of the other parked vehicles. Turn the wheel completely to the left (or right) and back up until you almost touch the vehicle on the other side of your space (watch the camera). Turn the wheel all the way in the opposite direction and pull forward. If done right, you’ll have plenty of room to back up into your spot.
Thanks. I'll definitely keep those tips in mind.
So does anyone reverse park without even having to pull the sprinters forward?
Youd probably have to be in just the right position and have enough clearance with other vans and the wall.
Maybe it wouldnt work.

Heres another good example starting around the 1min mark.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

Plenty of people are really great drivers with excellent spatial perception. I’m a good driver but don’t have the best spatial awareness. That’s why a 900, a box truck or a semi are not for me. I can handle a 700, though.

Guitarman: It’s very hard to imagine that Respond will be used during peak. The inefficiency and downright chaos would be mind boggling. But just because something is a terrible idea never stopped the company from doing it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
been off this week, talked to guy from work today and he said 4 mid day drivers,new hires, quit this week. Response is wonderful
Damn! I wonder how bad they’re going to let things get before someone actually steps up to the plate and makes positive changes? If ever.

NC man

I know, I’m sure they will be bringing out second wave del to us ,lovely.have to wonder how they plan to keep new hires. Ins gets worse every year, no more pension etc.

Stat41

I know, I’m sure they will be bringing out second wave del to us ,lovely.have to wonder how they plan to keep new hires. Ins gets worse every year, no more pension etc.
And the confusion caused by the recent LEO fiasco is going to frustrate and run off even more new hires.

McFeely

Huge Member
With this technology being so bad, we have to go backwards and do it like we did 20 years ago. Just inexcusable.

The funny thing is I think the company thought that this technology was going to be the “magic” that was going to allow them to hire less-intelligent and less-expensive couriers. All the DEX 84s and RDL/WDL packages are going to eat up any cost savings that a low-paid new hire gave the company.

I don’t think a single driver hired in my station in the last 3-4 years could set up or deliver their regular route without their phone or the Leo map. I’m talking regular driver, not swings. My loop partner can’t even set up her P1 without the map, and she’s been on her route for over 2 years 😑

Nolimitz

The funny thing is I think the company thought that this technology was going to be the “magic” that was going to allow them to hire less-intelligent and less-expensive couriers. All the DEX 84s and RDL/WDL packages are going to eat up any cost savings that a low-paid new hire gave the company.

I don’t think a single driver hired in my station in the last 3-4 years could set up or deliver their regular route without their phone or the Leo map. I’m talking regular driver, not swings. My loop partner can’t even set up her P1 without the map, and she’s been on her route for over 2 years 😑
same was said for DRA rollout, still a piece of garbage

Stat41

Isn’t it Rspond?

What LEO fiasco?
Its not just RESPONSE. The LEO has corrupt address data in it and it seems to be getting worse. I have many packages every day that have one address on the package, and an entirely different address in the LEO. Most of the time the address in the LEO doesn't exist. Its just an alias.

Nolimitz

So why can’t FedEx get us portable chargers for Leo device. 15 rental vans and dying Leo’s
Took me months to USB chargers for the domiciles I service. They are out there to be had. No more swapping LEO's every day, now its just once a week as everything loads and downloads while charging