Driver accused of theft..

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I do it for a customer who has a medical condition that prevents him from writing at all. I spell out his name in print only if he there to accept the package and doesn’t have anyone else there to sign.
I would make him hold a finger out and rub the board across it

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Signed a package for a customer as he requested the day before, after doing so the package ends up missing and being worth around 12k.

The "supposed value" is almost irrelevant at this point.

If you have admitted to signing for it.... that will be the main issue.

Note* I am a scratch driver and I make bonus about 3 days a week.

Don't bet the farm, on that making a difference.

I was notified that I am suspended, pending investigation. This happened on a Thursday and am being told to return next week for a meeting.

Sounds like a Local level hearing.

I’m basically trying to see what to prepare for, what the possible outcomes are other than termination if any.

If they gloss over the whole "signing for it" thing, then you are faced with the

company trying to have you reimburse them for any monies they have paid out.

In order to do that.... they must serve you with an Article 10 letter of their

intent to collect or seek discipline.

"No employee shall be disciplined or required to make reimbursement for lost or damaged parcels unless the Employer demonstrates that the employee, without justification or mitigation, violated pertinent established rules or policies, the observance of which would have prevented the loss or damage."

"An employee who is charged for loss or damage by the Employer shall not be subject to both discipline and reimbursement. The Employer will clearly notify the employee and the Union of its intent to either discipline or seek reimbursement. No employee shall be subject to discipline or reimbursement unless the Employer brings the loss or damage to the employee’s attention within fifteen (15) business days after receiving a written shipper notice of claim."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

The company is the "moving party" and are required to prove the amount they

paid on an insurance claim. There are so many established company policies

that were violated (by the company) reimbursement is unlikely, unless you agree to it.

Discharge/Termination for signing for the package, might be the route they

take.. and as long as you don't have a history of doing it.. there is a very low

chance a termination would stick. Suspension ? Oh yeah.

You didn't actually steal it.... right ?

-Bug-

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What was the process?

Probably be different everywhere. Like BUG pointed out, discipline or monetary reimbursement was basically what was presented to me. Steward involved the whole way. When all was said and done it was just as easy to slow down and stay out late every Tuesday and make an extra hour of OT, almost making the company reimburse themselves was what we decided. Mine was ten grand less than yours though, so like I said, things may be different.

john chesney

Signed a package for a customer as he requested the day before, after doing so the package ends up missing and being worth around 12k. No it wasn’t placed in high value and the customer usually meets me on road to sign for his packages. This is a high end neighborhood and is not a busy street. I don’t have proof of the request and after the meeting with loss prevention and after making my statement. I was notified that I am suspended, pending investigation. This happened on a Thursday and am being told to return next week for a meeting.

I’m basically trying to see what to prepare for, what the possible outcomes are other than termination if any.
Please explain signed for a package for a customer as he requested. Who is he the customer?

KOG72

I’m full of it
CA303AC1-CA6C-4466-AEA6-DF66C30634BB.gif
Signed a package for a customer as he requested the day before, after doing so the package ends up missing and being worth around 12k. No it wasn’t placed in high value and the customer usually meets me on road to sign for his packages. This is a high end neighborhood and is not a busy street. I don’t have proof of the request and after the meeting with loss prevention and after making my statement. I was notified that I am suspended, pending investigation. This happened on a Thursday and am being told to return next week for a meeting.

rod

Retired 22 years
Oh the stupid stuff a person does when they are a rookie. When I started you needed a signature on EVERYTHING unless it had a Release Number on it. (579-412 ---Rel. Number 214). I got into the bad habit of making up release numbers. Long story short I made up one for a $100 box of baby clothes and got caught when it turned out I had left it at the wrong house and the 2 parties were feuding. It didn't help that we had just had a baby. I got fired --signed what I considered termination papers-- and had the fun job of telling my wife I was out of a job. Three days later the center managers calls me and asks if I had learned my lesson--if so-- come back. Old Rod was pretty humble for awhile after that. I had to pay the $100 claim because the feuding neighbor wouldn't give up that package. On one hand I was really happy to get my job back---on the other hand I was really pissed that the center manager put me through that emotional stress at that time in my life. Justice could have been served with a week or two of being suspended knowning I hadn't totally lost the job over a hundred bucks worth of baby clothes. .

DOK

Guy in our center did the exact same thing with a high value, terminated and lost his job at panel. He was a problem driver though.

I was told a long time ago my stylus is to never touch the signature screen unless I’m signing to confirm my cod’s.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Oh the stupid stuff a person does when they are a rookie. When I started you needed a signature on EVERYTHING unless it had a Release Number on it. (579-412 ---Rel. Number 214). I got into the bad habit of making up release numbers. Long story short I made up one for a $100 box of baby clothes and got caught when it turned out I had left it at the wrong house and the 2 parties were feuding. It didn't help that we had just had a baby. I got fired --signed what I considered termination papers-- and had the fun job of telling my wife I was out of a job. Three days later the center managers calls me and asks if I had learned my lesson--if so-- come back. Old Rod was pretty humble for awhile after that. I had to pay the $100 claim because the feuding neighbor wouldn't give up that package. On one hand I was really happy to get my job back---on the other hand I was really :censored2: that the center manager put me through that emotional stress at that time in my life. Justice could have been served with a week or two of being suspended knowning I hadn't totally lost the job over a hundred bucks worth of baby clothes. .

The neighbors committed theft by retaining a misdelivered package. Should have showed up on one of your suspension days with the Sheriff. I think I remember you mentioned this story before, were the neighbors the people you got payback on over the years?

Andwhett

The "supposed value" is almost irrelevant at this point.

If you have admitted to signing for it.... that will be the main issue.

Don't bet the farm, on that making a difference.

Sounds like a Local level hearing.

If they gloss over the whole "signing for it" thing, then you are faced with the

company trying to have you reimburse them for any monies they have paid out.

In order to do that.... they must serve you with an Article 10 letter of their

intent to collect or seek discipline.

"No employee shall be disciplined or required to make reimbursement for lost or damaged parcels unless the Employer demonstrates that the employee, without justification or mitigation, violated pertinent established rules or policies, the observance of which would have prevented the loss or damage."

"An employee who is charged for loss or damage by the Employer shall not be subject to both discipline and reimbursement. The Employer will clearly notify the employee and the Union of its intent to either discipline or seek reimbursement. No employee shall be subject to discipline or reimbursement unless the Employer brings the loss or damage to the employee’s attention within fifteen (15) business days after receiving a written shipper notice of claim."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

The company is the "moving party" and are required to prove the amount they

paid on an insurance claim. There are so many established company policies

that were violated (by the company) reimbursement is unlikely, unless you agree to it.

Discharge/Termination for signing for the package, might be the route they

take.. and as long as you don't have a history of doing it.. there is a very low

chance a termination would stick. Suspension ? Oh yeah.

You didn't actually steal it.... right ?

-Bug-

No I didn’t steal the package, The package wasn’t placed in high value, And this is the first time anything like this has ever happened.

What is meant by chance a termination would stick?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

You’re either fired or going to be giving up a percentage of your check for the rest of your career paying that package back. Had a buddy a few years ago sign for an iPhone and Apple Watch (1,800$) and the idiot misdelivered it. Boss told him to find it or not show up tomorrow. Risking all that so you don’t have to waste two minutes the next day making another attempt. Was it worth it?