Driver Annual Renewal - Financial Info

Dvr Alan

So guys we are all asking the same question.......Just exactly what is the end game here? What we do know is that fewer ideally suited job candidates are going to be willing to subject themselves to what is becoming a highly intrusive vetting process for the money being offered while contractors continue to lose even more of what little control they have.

To be told that FedEx is not using it, but you have authorized them to IF they want....is, to say the least, "interesting?" Also, that it is a std form and FedEx will not pay to get info is one thing, however, the drivers have given consent for FedEx to allow others (aka "third parties") to use your authorization to obtain $$ info without future consent from drivers.

Something is amiss here and FedEx is up to something with Ground drivers who don't have a leg to stand on and its something that will benefit FedEx in the long run. Even you ISP's who are happy know that FedEx never does anything for nothing! They gotta take care of stockholders on the Ground contractors/drivers backs.

Bacha. there is an objective here for FedEx and time will tell us what it is. Just keep giving them anything they want!!!

It will be fine

To be told that FedEx is not using it, but you have authorized them to IF they want....is, to say the least, "interesting?" Also, that it is a std form and FedEx will not pay to get info is one thing, however, the drivers have given consent for FedEx to allow others (aka "third parties") to use your authorization to obtain $$ info without future consent from drivers.

Something is amiss here and FedEx is up to something with Ground drivers who don't have a leg to stand on and its something that will benefit FedEx in the long run. Even you ISP's who are happy know that FedEx never does anything for nothing! They gotta take care of stockholders on the Ground contractors/drivers backs.

Bacha. there is an objective here for FedEx and time will tell us what it is. Just keep giving them anything they want!!!
Never ascribe to malice what can be easily explained with incompetence.

Don't over think it, it's a standard form.

bbsam

Staff member

Really though, if it bothers you, move on. This could be part of an eventual court battle but it won’t be the spearhead and whatever will be isn’t on the radar yet.

Dvr Alan

Really though, if it bothers you, move on. This could be part of an eventual court battle but it won’t be the spearhead and whatever will be isn’t on the radar yet.

Thanks for your advice....already in the works! Enjoying the last few days with customers. Real reason is safety related in that lack of vehicle maintenance by contractor almost put me in a ditch.

However, as far as any future lawsuits....won't happen. The contractors left in the system are "in" and can't afford to rock the boat.

I'm looking forward to shedding my worn uniforms...contractor can't afford new ones!

Thanks for comments everyone...both pros and cons. That's why this site is helpful for many of us.

Bounty

Thanks for your advice....already in the works! Enjoying the last few days with customers. Real reason is safety related in that lack of vehicle maintenance by contractor almost put me in a ditch.

However, as far as any future lawsuits....won't happen. The contractors left in the system are "in" and can't afford to rock the boat.

I'm looking forward to shedding my worn uniforms...contractor can't afford new ones!

Thanks for comments everyone...both pros and cons. That's why this site is helpful for many of us.
Perfectly said, the “contractors” left are all “in” and x knows it. The contractors will sign anything and make “ their employees” sign anything x puts in front of them. Let’s just keep that stock price rolling contractors. I really appreciate your hard work.

It will be fine

Perfectly said, the “contractors” left are all “in” and x knows it. The contractors will sign anything and make “ their employees” sign anything x puts in front of them. Let’s just keep that stock price rolling contractors. I really appreciate your hard work.
Just wait buddy, overlap contracts are gonna jack that up. 6 day HD is rolling out nationwide soon, nothing but growth on the horizon.

bbsam

Staff member
You really aren’t thinking like a corporation.

bacha29

In simple terms they have NO CHOICE but to comply with whatever XG demands whether it's lawful or not because they have no recourse. Instead hoping to preserve their equity in an operating environment that was never designed for that purpose.

In fact over the past few days I've had discussions involving my purchasing an existing ISP contract if it could be structured to meet the requirements of a tax free property exchange. But when I found out about the vetting process which demands the surrendering of personal information that had absolutely Nothing to do with Fedex operations the discussions ended right then and there.

bbsam

Staff member
In simple terms they have NO CHOICE but to comply with whatever XG demands whether it's lawful or not because they have no recourse. Instead hoping to preserve their equity in an operating environment that was never designed for that purpose.

In fact over the past few days I've had discussions involving my purchasing an existing ISP contract if it could be structured to meet the requirements of a tax free property exchange. But when I found out about the vetting process which demands the surrendering of personal information that had absolutely Nothing to do with Fedex operations the discussions ended right then and there.
It’s good that you’re out of the business.

bacha29

Just wait buddy, overlap contracts are gonna jack that up. 6 day HD is rolling out nationwide soon, nothing but growth on the horizon.
That's of course if you can a someone who is willing to allow XG to put his entire life under a microscope despite not being an XG employee and still be willing to work for fast food wages and no benefits.

Bounty

bbsam, are you an x lawyer? There is no way you can like that place that much. Unless you are required to. It’s ok to disagree with x tactics once in a while.

bacha29

It’s good that you’re out of the business.
And how long will it be until you are as well? The answer is very simple . You'll be in it until you run out of people willing to work for the pittance you offer and XG by reason of their latest outrageous action has just made that timeline much shorter And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it except eat it and smile.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam, are you an x lawyer? There is no way you can like that place that much. Unless you are required to. It’s ok to disagree with x tactics once in a while.
There isn’t an agreed or disagree to it. It’s seeing where they are heading in the future.

Guys like me will be edged out. We’ll sell to larger local trucking companies that run an X contract on the side. Or we’ll have to expand to running contracts in other buildings. It’s all about saving X money.

bbsam

Staff member
And how long will it be until you are as well? The answer is very simple . You'll be in it until you run out of people willing to work for the pittance you offer and XG by reason of their latest outrageous action has just made that timeline much shorter And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it except eat it and smile.
Yeah. I just said that. See above.

Dvr Alan

There isn’t an agreed or disagree to it. It’s seeing where they are heading in the future.

Guys like me will be edged out. We’ll sell to larger local trucking companies that run an X contract on the side. Or we’ll have to expand to running contracts in other buildings. It’s all about saving X money.

Now, that IS corporate thinking.

It's just too bad that FedEx has stepped on a lot of "wanna-be" entrepreneurs along the way who didn't know any better. I watched many of them lose their $$ and their marriages.

I am glad I never trusted anything FedEx ever said and got out with $$ and a recliner! I'm sitting on it (paid for it with money from a contractor who bought an 8 year old "junk" truck of mine because he needed a parts truck).

I hope things work out for those who are left and have put in the sweat equity, like you. Along the way, hopefully you can find a way to up the wages for the Ground drivers, too. Many of them truly deserve it!

dmac1

This whole 'request for permission to check financial status' is so fedex can be prepared to replace contractors. Fedex will be able to see which driver may be able to take over contract if fedex is considering 'non-renewal' or termination of contractor. It is their normal procedure to offer routes to current drivers, and I personally know that several of those drivers who were contracted to cover the area they delivered in when a contractor was terminated didn't work out. A simple credit check in advance would have shown that at least one couldn't handle finances.

Last edited:

It will be fine

This whole 'request for permission to check financial status' is so fedex can be prepared to replace contractors. Fedex will be able to see which driver may be able to take over contract if fedex is considering 'non-renewal' or termination of contractor. It is their normal procedure to offer routes to current drivers, and I personally know that several of those drivers who were contracted to cover the area they delivered in when a contractor was terminated didn't work out. A simple credit check in advance would have shown that at least one couldn't handle finances.
That doesn't really fly with their attempts to squeeze out the smaller contractors. They aren't handing over a contract for 10 routes to a driver. It had a chance of success during the IC model when a guy could just run his own truck, running a real company is a different animal.