Driver facing cameras in the cab

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Is this really happening?
They’ve been installing them in our tractors for about 3 weeks now. Just about all of them have one now. Outward facing is a camera and they SAY the inward camera is only a sensor. We’ve been given several messages over IVIS saying that blocking the inside camera sends them an email and is considered tampering with equipment and subject to discipline.

Grindstone

The inward facing sensor is basically constant observation, correct? Like an all day OJS ride with a computer instead of an ORS every day?

Cowboy Mac

The inward facing sensor is basically constant observation, correct? Like an all day OJS ride with a computer instead of an ORS every day?
Yes every time you reach for your coffee or water is beeps and says “Distracted!”. And it reads the suggested speed of off ramps when you pass them on the interstate. It’ll say “Speeding!”

Yes every time you reach for your coffee or water is beeps and says “Distracted!”. And it reads the suggested speed of off ramps when you pass them on the interstate. It’ll say “Speeding!”
It has to be tied in to telematic somehow also.
I've already had it say please check your seatbelt and I knew it securely fastened.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
On a long road trip my steering wheel will start to shake if I change lanes a few times, a message comes up telling me to stop for coffee. Annoying as hell. I can’t imagine working with a truck that busted my balls all day.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They’ve been installing them in our tractors for about 3 weeks now. Just about all of them have one now. Outward facing is a camera and they SAY the inward camera is only a sensor. We’ve been given several messages over IVIS saying that blocking the inside camera sends them an email and is considered tampering with equipment and subject to discipline.
We’d be out of workers if UPS fired every driver who taped a little piece of an info notice on the censor that’s on the backup camera screens.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.

Non sequitur

You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.
There's a man that's got Life by the balls
Lighten up Rockefeller

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

What if we saw footage of what you were doing all day? lol. Be careful what you wish for, The way Carol’s getting rid of management you should be more worried about your job being easy to get rid of then the drivers.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
What if we saw footage of what you were doing all day? lol. Be careful what you wish for, The way Carol’s getting rid of management you should be more worried about your job being easy to get rid of then the drivers.
According to you guys we have conference calls all day and get yelled at by the DM?
That is the story and I am sticking to it....

by the way she already knows what we do....

Thebrownblob

According to you guys we have conference calls all day and get yelled at by the DM?
That is the story and I am sticking to it....

by the way she already knows what we do....
Exactly that’s probably why you should be worried about your job, not mine. And it depends on your DM the last one we had did yell at them all day and it was hilarious look like a bunch of whipped dogs with their tails between their legs. 😂