Driver Release Location - Other

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I think my favorite "other" was "swimming pool." It was March and the customer had an empty built-in pool with a pool cover over it and a notice on the side door to hide all packages in the pool under the tarp because "someone" was stealing them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think my favorite "other" was "swimming pool." It was March and the customer had an empty built-in pool with a pool cover over it and a notice on the side door to hide all packages in the pool under the tarp because "someone" was stealing them.

I respectfully call BS.

Inground pool covers are held in place by tension springs secured to permanently installed anchor bolts. This is done to keep stuff like little kids out of the pool when it is closed. I highly doubt that the homeowner was stupid enough to keep part of the cover open just to hide packages.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I respectfully call BS.

Inground pool covers are held in place by tension springs secured to permanently installed anchor bolts. This is done to keep stuff like little kids out of the pool when it is closed. I highly doubt that the homeowner was stupid enough to keep part of the cover open just to hide packages.

Don't know about the specifics of pool covers but it was just a regular tarp. Maybe he was getting it ready for the season.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I respectfully call BS.

Nope. Not all.

WayBill

It simply means you are supposed to leave a notice indicating to the customer where the package was left as the DIAD is assuming because you used "other" the package was left in an unusual location.

It’s stupid how when you type in where you left it, it doesn’t show up on the customers’ UPS my choice notification. If they’d just tweak this, then we wouldn’t have to scan info notices when hitting other. Until then, scan, other, black Silverado, scan info notice, throw info notice away, carry on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It’s stupid how when you type in where you left it, it doesn’t show up on the customers’ UPS my choice notification. If they’d just tweak this, then we wouldn’t have to scan info notices when hitting other. Until then, scan, other, black Silverado, scan info notice, throw info notice away, carry on.

You will have to continue scanning the notices regardless.

WayBill

You will have to continue scanning the notices regardless.

Yeah, you’re right. Wish they’d just add more options in the 3rd screen. We only have 4. Carport, deck, patio, & shed.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Thats got to showup on a report
I got dinged on that, center manager goes you are showing up on the report for not using info notices. I said not possible I leave an info notice for every send again, then realized later that I always use other and bypass the scan info notice. I now scan an info notice when I use other and either leave the notice or if it is a usual spot for customer throw the info notice out

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I hate when people request it a certain place like “front door” and you get the prompt saying to leave it there. Yea no chit dummy that’d be where I put it anyway. So I’ll put the package there but put other and roof or tree or something

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How do i big arrow down?
Get down low and yell free pizza?

IMG_0373.gif

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I respectfully call BS.

I see lots of pools with blue tarps over them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hate when people request it a certain place like “front door” and you get the prompt saying to leave it there. Yea no chit dummy that’d be where I put it anyway. So I’ll put the package there but put other and roof or tree or something

The ones that I hate are the ones who only have one door and insist upon telling us to leave their stuff by the front door.