Driver Release Location - Other

Rack em

Made the Podium
I refuse to go to rear door. I’m not walking into someone’s backyard...good way to get shot or mauled by a dog
I have a my choice customer who has their delivery point assigned to back door, but their dogs are always in the back yard. Some people are just dumb.

Another house on a rural route I cover has a massive aggressive dog that could literally tear a human to shreds and they call in complaints that we don't deliver to their door. One day I drove in their driveway thinking the dog was inside but he came racing around the side of the house so I locked myself in the pc took a video of the dog for my center manager. That was all the proof I needed to have that address will called.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I have a my choice customer who has their delivery point assigned to back door, but their dogs are always in the back yard. Some people are just dumb.

Another house on a rural route I cover has a massive aggressive dog that could literally tear a human to shreds and they call in complaints that we don't deliver to their door. One day I drove in their driveway thinking the dog was inside but he came racing around the side of the house so I locked myself in the pc took a video of the dog for my center manager. That was all the proof I needed to have that address will called.
He doesn’t bite :)

Have never had much trouble with dogs. More worried about the bears.

YUOVER95

Anytime I come across an aggressive dog, I do Non-Delivery>Not Ready, with DOG in the remarks. If you’re gonna leave your Cujo dog out, you ain’t getting your :censored2:.

35years

Gravy route
I got dinged on that, center manager goes you are showing up on the report for not using info notices. I said not possible I leave an info notice for every send again, then realized later that I always use other and bypass the scan info notice. I now scan an info notice when I use other and either leave the notice or if it is a usual spot for customer throw the info notice out
They tried to hang paper on me for not scanning an info notice on a NI1.

I told them there was probably a dog loose, and I could not get out of the truck.
Our center tells us don't get out if a dog is loose, just sheet as NI1.

No warning letter and can rinse and repeat if necessary.

Rack em

Made the Podium

I told them there was probably a dog loose, and I could not get out of the truck.

You were supposed to give the info notice to the dog. Warning letter upheld!

35years

Gravy route
That made me think of a delivery from decades ago...
DRed an expensive camera on the FP.
Newfoundland picks it up and starts chewing.
I chase him in vain yelling "put it down".
He lays down across the lawn and proceeds to chew it up.

DR...Other...Newfoundland.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would have scanned the notice and put it in their mailbox.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I refuse to go to rear door. I’m not walking into someone’s backyard...good way to get shot or mauled by a dog

What about trying the neighbors on both sides, and one across the street ?

Oh wait, IE doesn't give time credit for that method anymore.

Just stop, drop, and roll.

The best thing to do on that, is type dog in the remarks column.

Some on-car supes will tell drivers to just scan a delivery notice, so it

doesn't come up on a report.... but, that's asking the driver to be dishonest.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have no fear of getting shot by a dog.

sniper-dog-bed-hiding-rifle-13077584826.jpg