Driver running over dog

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
no one tries to run over the dogs but it is a risk they take by leaving them outside
The rate of speed the driver approached when the dog was run over, imo, was not safe nor did it give time for the dogs to avoid the tires. Ok, the dogs were loose, got that, but the driver was allegedly there before, knew the dogs were loose and in the driveway so as a driver he had a choice. It looked reckless and unprofessional. Just will call the pkg and have the clerk call the consignee to have them put the dogs out of the area....if.....the guy actually had a pkg to deliver or a pick up to make.

21Savage

That's super friend'd

But from that video that dog came out of nowhere.

Wtf was he doing going in a driveway twice to a house he wasn't delivering to?

And also this comment from the dog owner makes no sense

“I even called the UPS store and they told me that they didn't have anything scheduled for our house, at our address yesterday,” said Shipley.

UPS Store? Lol wtf would they know?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That's super friend'd

Wtf was he doing going in a driveway twice to a house he wasn't delivering to?

And also this comment from the dog owner makes no sense

“I even called the UPS store and they told me that they didn't have anything scheduled for our house, at our address yesterday,” said Shipley.

UPS Store? Lol wtf would they know?
Many people don't know the difference between center and store. Heck, people sometimes still ask me if I'm the ground or air guy. Evidently the "store" dealt with "scheduled" dispatch so I'm guessing they meant UPS.

542thruNthru

If they cared about their dogs they wouldn’t have them running freely in the driveway/road.

Or train your dogs.

Their property or not. When they order the package to be delivered they are giving us permission to go on their property. Also most states have leash laws.

I know in my state you are to have control of your pet at all times.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That's super friend'd

The dog clearly ran to the driver's side of the truck, at the drivers door, and appeared to be barking. How did that driver not see the dog?
"Not our regular driver".
Go figure.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Or train your dogs.

Their property or not. When they order the package to be delivered they are giving us permission to go on their property. Also most states have leash laws.

I know in my state you are to have control of your pet at all times.
Was this in your state?
Point of order.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Dogs chase our trucks every day. The speed of the truck in the video was way too fast to react and the driver was just there a few minutes earlier according to the report so they knew the dogs were an issue.

rod

Retired 22 years
The dog clearly ran to the driver's side of the truck, at the drivers door, and appeared to be barking. How did that driver not see the dog?
"Not our regular driver".
Go figure.
I bet the regular driver buys that replacement driver a beer or two. I would have bought him a couple cases for getting rid of that POS dog.

YUOVER95

I’ve covered a rural route where this one dog runs out INTO the street and starts attacking my tires and runs in the front of my truck as I’m trying to drive away on public road. Stupid bastard is lucky I don’t run his ass over on purpose.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I bet the regular driver buys that replacement driver a beer or two. I would have bought him a couple cases for getting rid of that POS dog.
I bet not. He has to see them often as they actually knew who the bid driver was.

Not every driver is a hard hearted jerk. I would feel horrible if that video was about my actions driving at that speed and running over anyone's pet.

I understand the aggravation of dealing with dogs. Done it for over 2 decades but crushing someone's pet because I was careless isnt something that makes me smile out of justification that I could do it and then not care.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I don’t let my toddler run around my property completely unsupervised. Why? Because I care about her and her awareness of her surroundings is terrible.
Does your toddler live outside? Does Children's Services know this?
Your child is an animal, sold in a pet store? Would you drive at the rate of speed as this driver was shown doing with two or three toddlers running around your package car? Nice analogy.

Last edited: