Driver Survey Total Service Plan

Whither

Scofflaw
Supe handed me the survey yesterday and I laughed, "C'mon, we're supposed to believe the company gives 2 craps about us hourlies' input? Do you guys got a bridge to sell me too?" I might submit mine with this excellent suggestion: 4 hrs work for 10 hrs pay.

Commercial Inside Release

An enemy (management) asking what you want, is going to make sure that is the last thing you ever get! Pump & dump Carole is just worried there will be strike problems, which will brutalize her stock plans. So, she ordered her peons to ask the troops what they want... As if this was a kindergarten.

ThePackageDeli

Three truths:
1. In general, drivers want less work (less stops).
2. In general, managers want drivers off the clock as soon as safely possible.
3. In general, part timers quit because they need full-time hours.

The solution is SOO obvious... Let part timers deliver stops out of their car after the preload goes down, or before the twilight sort starts.
1648954842491.png

542thruNthru

Three truths:
1. In general, drivers want less work (less stops).
2. In general, managers want drivers off the clock as soon as safely possible.
3. In general, part timers quit because they need full-time hours.

The solution is SOO obvious... Let part timers deliver stops out of their car after the preload goes down, or before the twilight sort starts.
View attachment 378813
In general, UPS takes advantage of everything and will just cut routes if this is allowed..

So no

ThePackageDeli

So really what you're asking for is PVDs. What language do you propose so that it's not taken advantage of?
Put reasonable limits on it. How hard would that be?... No part timer, or collection of part timers shall absorb enough work to cause route cuts within the center on any given day.

542thruNthru

Put reasonable limits on it. How hard would that be?... No part timer, or collection of part timers shall absorb enough work to cause route cuts within the center on any given day.
Too many moving parts so I'd say very hard. Also what about air drivers? Do we allow PVDs to deliver air?

How do we decide what stops? How many PVDs per center? How many stops are they allowed to do?