Driver Survey Total Service Plan

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If they want their OT, they can have it. But the reality on the ground is, nearly every driver I've ever met would want stops taken off if given the choice... Shoot a text to the 15 heaviest guys in the morning before shift and ask if they want work cut or if they want to keep it.
So, you think they are going to cater to each individual drivers wants and needs
I don’t want any o/t today but I might Wednesday. Your crazy
All you’re guaranteed is 8 hours learn to live within your means

AKCoverMan

I keep trying to spread the word to fellow drivers ( @542thruNthru ) that they should demand their guarantees instead of playing into the company's hands now that overdispatching and sending 10-15 home and some of the 22.4s to inside work is the game. Also trying to make sure any and all possible supes' working grievances are filed, e.g., for supes delivering misloads and L.I.B.s, covering pickups, etc.
You have to “demand” your guarante? I make sure my diad says code six in the morning, if I’m done under eight and they don’t ask me to go help so be it. I get my guarantee every time.

AKCoverMan

What are you referring to that is a full-time job? What I'm talking about doesn't exist (yet). I'm talking about extra work for part-timers. 1 to 3 hours of optional extra work on the days it's needed.

Then they need to be made into full-time jobs
So both sides of this have validity…if allowed the company would split enough work into part time routes to avoid having to increase the size of the full time driver roster. On the other hand there are some perfectly good reasons to add some part timers on a day by day basis depending on operational needs.

In my small building, there are days where it might make sense to take our part time car wash/unloaded guy who is qualified as a utility driver to go out for a few hours after preload with some bulk stops or irregulars that would otherwise destroy route drivers day and put them over 9.5. But it has to be monitored or before long they will be cheating us out of a full time position.

And shut up with delivering out of personal vehicles noise!

So both sides of this have validity…if allowed the company would split enough work into part time routes to avoid having to increase the size of the full time driver roster. On the other hand there are some perfectly good reasons to add some part timers on a day by day basis depending on operational needs.

In my small building, there are days where it might make sense to take our part time car wash/unloaded guy who is qualified as a utility driver to go out for a few hours after preload with some bulk stops or irregulars that would otherwise destroy route drivers day and put them over 9.5. But it has to be monitored or before long they will be cheating us out of a full time position.

I thought that's what the 22.4 jobs was supposed to be....

The company's making record profits and we should not be forced to concede on anything this contract

They beat the crap out of us for the last 2 years they raise a dividends by record amounts to the shareholders gave huge MIP bonuses to the supervisors and if you think you're going to beat me down guess what I'll walk

AKCoverMan

Ok.. easy there big fella. I get that you hate them.

I’m just saying if our 15 routes have full time work on them and there is three or four hours left then a part time union member makes sense as the alternative is overloading the existing 15 routes.

we don’t have 22.4s.

Ok.. easy there big fella. I get that you hate them.

I’m just saying if our 15 routes have full time work on them and there is three or four hours left then a part time union member makes sense as the alternative is overloading the existing 15 routes.

we don’t have 22.4s.
Well then put another route in. The company had no problem resident dividends by 1.5 billion dollars this year

I can't pay somebody an extra $200 a day?screw that

AKCoverMan

Btw if worried about how much dividends shareholders get…be one. And if worried about how much management makes turn in your letter. You couldn’t pay be enough to be in the management here I’ve seen the corporate culture at UPS. I did management at another DOW30 mega company but culture was different.

PT Car Washer

This is how extra work in my building is done. Some weeks it could be several air drivers almost everyday while other weeks there is no extra work available. I agree that sometimes the company does take advantage of PT air drivers. My building has been on a non stop new delivery driver training for several years now with no end in sight.

542thruNthru

I keep trying to spread the word to fellow drivers ( @542thruNthru ) that they should demand their guarantees instead of playing into the company's hands now that overdispatching and sending 10-15 home and some of the 22.4s to inside work is the game. Also trying to make sure any and all possible supes' working grievances are filed, e.g., for supes delivering misloads and L.I.B.s, covering pickups, etc.
Whoa! I'm helping cover driver's and 22.4s from being laid off.

Whither

Scofflaw
You have to “demand” your guarante? I make sure my diad says code six in the morning, if I’m done under eight and they don’t ask me to go help so be it. I get my guarantee every time.
That's not what I'm talking about -- on the subject the practice here is you must work 7.5 hrs paid to keep your guarantee. They don't want to hand out more than 30 'freebie' minutes of pay. If you get a light dispatch and can't make it last they require you to ask for extra work.

What I'm discussing above is, the center manager and supes are making the rounds in the morning asking scheduled drivers if they want the day off and they agree, rather than demanding their 8s (or at the very least 6 hrs show up pay).

542thruNthru

That's not what I'm talking about -- on the subject the practice here is you must work 7.5 hrs paid to keep your guarantee. They don't want to hand out more than 30 'freebie' minutes of pay. If you get a light dispatch and can't make it last they require you to ask for extra work.

What I'm discussing above is, the center manager and supes are making the rounds in the morning asking scheduled drivers if they want the day off and they agree, rather than demanding their 8s (or at the very least 6 hrs show up pay).
Wish we got 6 hour show up pay.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I'd rather PTers have a 5 hour limit so that they can have a second job with out UPS jeopardizing it by making them work 8 hours.
The only problem would be the start times. The company wants to start later and later. They go home when they get ready. When they leave, it's somebody else's problem.