Driver Survey Total Service Plan

ThePackageDeli

Too many moving parts so I'd say very hard. Also what about air drivers? Do we allow PVDs to deliver air?

How do we decide what stops? How many PVDs per center? How many stops are they allowed to do?
Ground only and residential only. small packages only. And they can pick up drop boxes. That's it.

ThePackageDeli

What of those driver's what their OT?
If they want their OT, they can have it. But the reality on the ground is, nearly every driver I've ever met would want stops taken off if given the choice... Shoot a text to the 15 heaviest guys in the morning before shift and ask if they want work cut or if they want to keep it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think he's proposing 22.4s without a full time pension.

I do not mind if people decided to stay part time, in some areas you will lose pension benefits if you went full time. That has to change in 2023, the Company is saving a lot of money when they have a part timer work a full time service year even with them getting O/T after five. They are not creating a legitimate full time position which would be paying into the full timer’s pension trusts, except in the West. They pay on average 100 dollars less in our negotiated Weekly Health and Welfare benefits. They get less vacation pay (20 hours) and inferior disability benefits, if it comes to layoffs the lower seniority part timers will be the first ones out the door.

Most of the part timers in the Central and Southern who work full time hours are high seniority, some have over 35 years in and have quit accruing pension increases. That hurts the full timer’s pension plans were the Company provides monetary contributions of roughly 500 a week. Next contract I expect that the starting wages for part timers will be over 20 an hour, they will try to work them 3.5 or 5 hours, no overtime. All the extra work will given to the
full timers by seniority rights.

Bottom line is that no part timer should be working full time hours for an extended time period. If they wanted to be considered full time they should of bid on a full time position. I know why some stayed part time because of the failure of the international to fix their long term future pension benefits when they have to start all over again in the (full time) pension plan (IBT/UPS)...

Will see if this issue is brought up by the negotiating committees ..👹

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

That's definitely a way of looking at it. You might be right. Especially for the long term. I'm only thinking of the immediate benefits.
What about the growth of ft driver jobs? In areas like Texas where population is exploding we create more and more routes every year. With PVDs and a contractual limit on routes, they would just add more PVDs not FT drivers and bid routes.

I do not mind if people decided to stay part time, in some areas you will lose pension benefits if you went full time. That has to change in 2023, the Company is saving a lot of money when they have a part timer work a full time service year even with them getting O/T after five. They are not creating a legitimate full time position which would be paying into the full timer’s pension trusts, except in the West. They pay on average 100 dollars less in our negotiated Weekly Health and Welfare benefits. They get less vacation pay (20 hours) and inferior disability benefits, if it comes to layoffs the lower seniority part timers will be the first ones out the door.

Most of the part timers in the Central and Southern who work full time hours are high seniority, some have over 35 years in and have quit accruing pension increases. That hurts the full timer’s pension plans were the Company provides monetary contributions of roughly 500 a week. Next contract I expect that the starting wages for part timers will be over 20 an hour, they will try to work them 3.5 or 5 hours, no overtime. All the extra work will given to the
full timers by seniority rights.

Bottom line is that no part timer should be working full time hours for an extended time period. If they wanted to be considered full time they should of bid on a full time position. I know why some stayed part time because of the failure of the international to fix their long term future pension benefits when they have to start all over again in the (full time) pension plan (IBT/UPS)...

Will see if this issue is brought up by the negotiating committees ..👹
As usual you have a keen insight and understanding of the PT/FT divide. There are other PT members that either couldn't do the physical work of FT or have other more important commitments.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
As usual you have a keen insight and understanding of the PT/FT divide. There are other PT members that either couldn't do the physical work of FT or have other more important commitments.

Most of us have been part time, we probably have more insight and history of how the Company and the Union has treated that part of their employees and membership. The full timers who have vested time as a part timer might be willing to fight for improvements in that pension plan this next contract, it is really amazing how most of our members have given up on expecting anything of substance from these negotiating committees. The physical demands of most of the full time jobs at UPS generally cancels out much of the advancement of our female members...they can do the work but it will destroy their bodies in the long run. It would be interesting to see the statistics of women who worked at UPS and never required the time for a good pension and/or health benefits, it has to be awful.

Dr.Brownz

If they want their OT, they can have it. But the reality on the ground is, nearly every driver I've ever met would want stops taken off if given the choice... Shoot a text to the 15 heaviest guys in the morning before shift and ask if they want work cut or if they want to keep it.

Yeah great idea that involves working off the clock! Maybe you can come in and wash the truck on the weekend too?

Whither

Scofflaw
We fought hard to have a 8 hour guarantee that is not one thing we're going to give up .
It's a full-time job .
I keep trying to spread the word to fellow drivers ( @542thruNthru ) that they should demand their guarantees instead of playing into the company's hands now that overdispatching and sending 10-15 home and some of the 22.4s to inside work is the game. Also trying to make sure any and all possible supes' working grievances are filed, e.g., for supes delivering misloads and L.I.B.s, covering pickups, etc.

I keep trying to spread the word to fellow drivers ( @542thruNthru ) that they should demand their guarantees instead of playing into the company's hands now that overdispatching and sending 10-15 home and some of the 22.4s to inside work is the game. Also trying to make sure any and all possible supes' working grievances are filed, e.g., for supes delivering misloads and L.I.B.s, covering pickups, etc.
If you think we lost stuff to last few contracts what they want now is going to be ridiculous

This is a full-time job we pay Union dues and our jobs will not be outsourced