upserfighter

He feels like he's being pressured into treatment when he was never proven to be drunk/intoxicated. He tested negative. He's been unemployed several months now and unable to find a job.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Had a guy get popped for failing a “fit for duty” test. He was suspected of being drunk and of drinking on previous work days.

Bottom line is you go take the test and pass to keep your job. Or you refuse to take the test and forfeit your job, or take the test and fail in which you are terminated.

We stalled for our BA to arrive and like yours, he essentially said the same thing. Our BA is no wet noodle and if there was an out, I’m sure he would of exploited it.

If your friend has a problem he has no business in my neighborhood or any other for that matter. If he doesn’t, well he should of taken both tests. Seeing as he didn’t, be thankful they are giving him a second chance with the program. Normally that is only available when you volunteer the fact that you have a problem.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Had a guy get popped for failing a “fit for duty” test. He was suspected of being drunk and of drinking on previous work days.

Bottom line is you go take the test and pass to keep your job. Or you refuse to take the test and forfeit your job, or take the test and fail in which you are terminated.

We stalled for our BA to arrive and like yours, he essentially said the same thing. Our BA is no wet noodle and if there was an out, I’m sure he would of exploited it.

If your friend has a problem he has no business in my neighborhood or any other for that matter. If he doesn’t, well he should of taken both tests. Seeing as he didn’t, be thankful they are giving him a second chance with the program. Normally that is only available when you volunteer the fact that you have a problem.
That’s what I thought, if you don’t preemptively ask for help and they catch you, you’re done. Tell him to swallow his pride and go for treatment, if he wants to work again. Won’t hurt him. Lucky they offered it.

upserfighter

He's concerned about backpay. He feels he has lost out on several months of work and wants to know if he should sue. The company does not have proof that he was drunk/drinking. The police and hospital reports indicate he was NOT drinking.

UnionStrong

He's concerned about backpay. He feels he has lost out on several months of work and wants to know if he should sue. The company does not have proof that he was drunk/drinking. The police and hospital reports indicate he was NOT drinking.
Well he should have started the treatment and fought it while he was in it then. Wasted a lot of time and money

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This incident was probably observed by management, maybe tipped off by another driver but I doubt they would call the cops on an hourly's say so. FYI you don't have to fail a sobriety test, if you were observed taking a sip of alcohol on the clock that's plenty for a termination. Dude's getting offered his job back, he should probably take it.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You seem to know what "he" is feeling, thinking and every detail of "his" story.
Hey, this is an anonymous board; just admit that "he" is "you"....

UnionStrong

He's currently in treatment as we speak. Should he start fighting now? He believes he can file an unlawful termination suit.
So he’s in treatment at the companies request? How long before he can return to work? If he can return after a specific time, then he’s not terminated. Back pay would be the issue.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I understand your want in helping your friend, but through error or not, he did not complete the necessary testing. He should be grateful that they are still offering him a second chance through the substance abuse program.